Taking Family To Titans Game For The First Time......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mike75, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well my son and daughter you see in my avatar will be turning 8 and 7 they were born on the same day a year apart which is November 1st so i decided to give them a good birthday gift and take them and our family to our first ever game.The game we will be attending is the home game on October 28th against the Indy Colts.

We will be traveling from Memphis to Nashville on game day.Is there anything i should know before we go? How far do you park from the stadium? Are the concessions very high? just curious.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea concessions are pretty high. I usually would just park at a hotel nearby and walk......granted I never had to walk with children.....

3. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Have a huge blast going to the games. As been at that stadium three times. Really had great times there.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

How many total are going to the game? 4?

It's going to probably be $15-20 per person for food if you eat at the stadium.

I always recommend Demos' which isn't very far from the stadium. It's on 3rd and Commerce. The food there is good and cheap.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, concessions are pretty crazy expensive. If you are all planning on eating/snacking at the stadium I think RSB's estimation of $15-20 per person is pretty right on. And IDK if you and your wife are drinkers but if so, you're going to be paying upwards of $10/beer. I know the Yuengling's are $10 anyway. I think the stuff like Bud Light is a couple dollars cheaper though.

So yeah, all in all, it can get pretty expensive. But I'm sure you guys will have a blast. Especially with it being your family's first game.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

He is so right about demos. Me and my fiancé went to a game last year and was there all weekend. We went to demos the night before the game an liked it so much we went the next day before the game as well. Not expensive and is really good food

7. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

You might think about coming to Nashville the day before if possible. Seems like that would be a really, really long day for your kids (I'm sure they will pumped & excited) between the travel time and the game time. There are Lots in the neighboring blocks that you can pay to park ($25) or you could stay downtown and walk across one of the bridges. You can buy parking passes on Craigslist/Nashville, but they are kind of expensive. As far as concessions, they seem expensive to me for what you get. Best bet for you would be the $10 bottomless softdrink that maybe your little guys could share. Demos' is the Bomb! Great Food!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar