Taking Advantage of Other Teams' Woes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2008, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't think the Rams would pass up a 2nd rounder (at most) for Torry Holt at this point. If not now, in a few weeks at the deadline. Roy Williams? I'd say the same price or less for him since they will lose him for nothing at season's end and he isn't going to help them go anywhere significant this year anyways. Both franchises will likely shake up their organization soon which is a perfect time to snag a number 1 receiver imo. Get MR on the phone.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why would the Rams give up Holt?

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I had this exact conversation with my roommate last night, and the one that came to mind was Torry Holt. For example, Tony Gonzalez said he'd entertain a trade, and word is the Chiefs are willing to let him go knowing that his career is about over, and let one of their greats go after a ring.

Why wouldn't the Rams allow their guy to do the same? And, you would think it would be a nice end to a career to have a playoff shot and reasonable shot at a Superbowl on a team that has a single need that is a skill you provide.

I would go nuts if we ACTUALLY got a top tier receiver like Holt or Roy

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

The only one that makes sense would be RW, but the Lions are too stupid to do it.

They have Calvin, a piss-poor team, and the need for extra picks. They aren't going to sign him, so why keep him? Baseball GM's have been smart enough to realize this phenomena for years...

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Tory Holt is what, 29? 30? The Rams don't figure to be contenders for the near future (2-3 years minimum) so why not unload him to help expediate that process? On top of that, they are about to fire their coach and start over with a new regime and I doubt an old receiver is going to factor into their long term plans.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Tory Holt is on my fantasy team. He isn't worth the time.

7. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Maybe not for your fantasy team, but remember what team he plays for in the real world. By that logic, neither is Stephen Jackson.

You put Torry Holt on our team, he upgrades our WR position drastically, and gives us a go to guy.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I sure as hell wouldn't be against getting Holt, but I just can't see them trading him.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think the Lions would go for picks over Roy Williams. They already have Calvin Johnson. They need to beef up their defense, and quite frankly, their entire organization. Getting rid of Williams for some picks wouldn't hurt them at all. I would give a 2nd for the guy, he's a proven WR with tons of talent and is definately better than any WR we have on our roster.

MR, do yourself a favor, make a phone call.

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

What about the Browns? Isn't Edward's contract up after this season?
    I wouldbe stoked if we picked up a big time receiver. I could see it now ......

TENNESSEE TITANS ....... SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar