Taking a Punter in round 1.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jessestylex, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Obviously just drafting a guy in the 1st round doesn't make him good so if a punter or kicker was going to be a 1st round pick he would have to be a bonafide pro-bowl/HOF level guy before he even set foot on the field (don't know of any guys like that this year). Oddly some of the best college kickers don't work out very well so teams prefer to just bring some guys in as FAs like we did with Bironas.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I guess Jessie has reverted back to making totally moronic posts just to get a reaction again. A shame, he was becoming tolerable.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is the difference between the best punter in the league and the 33rd best guy a guy you could get as a free agent? Not much.

St Louis was 1st in the nfl in average net yards per punt. San Diego was last. The difference was 4 yards per.

However San Diego average more gross yards per punt.

It helps a little having a top line punter but that is all.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I was in a fantasy draft a few seasons ago with a few novices... My buddies first pick in the draft was the Tampa Bay Defense. They had went 9-7 the previous season. Somehow, I lost that league :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar