Takeo Spikes as McCarthy insurance?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Just Win Baby, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Practice Squad

Per Rotoworld, Takeo Spikes is likely to be released from the Chargers as they look to get younger. Even though he's old, he's still serviceable and would be a huge upgrade over Tim Shaw starting if/when Colin goes down. Best case scenario, he's a lockeroom leader and never has to see the field. Worst case, Colin goes down, he's an upgrade over what we had last year, and we go after a new ILB early in the draft next year. Thought?
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Ive grown to appreciate Shaw for all he can do, but watching him play MLB last year was brutal.
  3. steverife

steverife Starter

I really like Spikes as a leader. He had a HUGE influence in developing Bowman in SF.
  4. JCBRAVE

I completely forgot Spikes was still in the league.

As a kid I used to always be sure I had either him or Joey Porter as my OLB in franchise mode.
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Takeo Spikes is 64 years old. Pass.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

It's worth noting that the beat writers covering San Diego think he's got a lot to offer and would be a nice addition to a young defense.

We're a young defense, but I haven't seen him play in years so IDK how good he still is.
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

Wow.. could have sworn he had retired 5 years ago..

In other news, Shawne Merriman retired a few dayas ago at age 28.. could have sworn he was older than just a year older than me.
  8. JCBRAVE

I've been reading up on Spikes the last half hour or so, we might wanna call this guy.

All the midround MLB's have something wrong with them, but aside from being old, Spikes is fine.
  9. JCBRAVE

You've also gotta think that at his age he's got to be dying to get in the playoffs, would he even consider us?
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I have a strange feeling he can still get a better pay day than we should give him, and be a starting MLB somewhere.