Tail Light Tinting

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Finnegan2win, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Figured I would check.. anyone here handy when it comes to working on cars? Or maybe know of a good shop that will do this.. I'm wanting to get my tail lights tinted. I've seen DIY videos but I'm not even going to attempt it and have it come out jacked up, want it done right, but the only shop I can find that will actually tint tail lights charges $150.

I have the same kind of car, just black.. to give an idea of what I'm looking for.

edit: and no, I don't have retardedass blinking blue lights in the car.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just buy some R-Tint film. They normally cut it to fit your specific car, you just have to roll it on and squeeze out any airbubbles. If you mess up it's removable and reusable.

I have tint on my car, but it's not that dark.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I spoke to a guy who did not recommend pre cut films.. and I understand this stuff has to stretch, so if it's pre cut.. doesn't seem like it'd fit.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I guess that would make sense. I've never used the precut film, but I figured for a newbie it would be easier. I had leftover roll from my window tint that I used, worked fine.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, you can either buy the spray tint or the film at pretty much any auto store out there for cheap. (autozone, O'reily's, Pep Boys, Advance, etc)

Then buy a spare set of tail lights for when you get tired of being pulled over for it.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Never been pulled over for mine?

Don't use the spray on ****. I tried it on my tail lights a few months back and it didn't work out so well for me. You gotta take sand paper and rough up the surface of the lens and then spray it on a few even coats but you cant get it too heavy or no light will show through and its not even that dark.

I found it easier just to order the smoked lens. Costs more, but less hassle. Check on fleaba (ebay) that is where I got the ones for my Jeep.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Here's my ride. I got the tint from rvinyl.com and only spent like 20 bucks. Did it myself but it was pretty stressful cuz it takes a lot of time and its easy to mess up. But hey if I can do it, anyone can

Attached Files:

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre a girl?!

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Lmao. You didn't know? Na that's some hooker I paid to stand in front of my car for this picture.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

I was gonna ask who the chick was but I didn't want to be creepin.

Girlfriend = HF

Anyone else = creepin

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar