Tackle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bradb, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

my thing is it takes less talent to stand up and get in the way of a pass rusher than it is to defend a WR

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I really hope we sign a RT. I heard this morning that if we do not take Tunsil at one he may fall all the way to 7. I really would love to trade down and get ramsey or the florida corner. Tunsil motor does not always run that worries me and I just do not see using the number one pick on a T.

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Excellent and informative post!

4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Steinkuhler out of Nebraska with the second pick of the 1984 draft. The pick came one year after Houston held the second spot but traded down to third with the Los Angeles Rams and moved down to ninth in a swap with the Seattle Seahawks. The Oilers selected Hall of Famer Bruce Matthewsfrom that ninth spot.

Steinkuhler's selection became the third straight year in which Houston chose an offensive lineman with its first-round pick after the Oilers tabbed Hall of Famer Mike Munchak from the eighth spot in 1982 and Matthews in '83. Houston also used its first of two second-round picks in 1983 for tackle Harvey Salem.

Steinkuhler made 77 starts in 100 games for the Oilers, eventually helping Houston emerge from multiple losing seasons to begin a streak of years with postseason appearances. Steinkuhler was a member of five of the seven Oilers teams that reached the playoffs in consecutive seasons. Right tackle was taken second . And three years in a row the first round pick was an OL. Hmm

5. VOLS_n_TITANS

VOLS_n_TITANS Rookie

Exactly wht I been saying on fb....we have gotten warmacj lewan in 1st rounds and still mediocre if that....we need a secondary....we haven't went defense but twice in 10 years.and that was morgan and griffin ....defense wins championships....go look at seattle o line or denvers o line or new englands o line....and tell me how many 1st rounders are on that line....there's to many veteran o tackles in fa this year....there's no cbs....and rather have Ramsey all day over tunsil.hopefully were right about ramsey....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I have been saying this to the point of nausea! Nice post. We already have a LT, and drafting another is basically the same as cutting Lewan, because his ass will skate the first chance he gets if he has any salt in his veins.

7. JBC

JBC Starter

I don't care who JR takes with the first pick, as long as he gets it right.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If Lewan gets hurt who guards the blindside of our franchise qb....that is what really worries me...we can find a solid CB/safety in the 2nd just as well as a RT...not sure we can for sure find a LT in the 2nd

9. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

So you want to draft OT at #1 to play backup LT? i assume this is what you are saying, because we already have a starting LT.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I guess you can't have too many LT's on a football team, regardless of what the current LT may think of the situation.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar