Tackle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bradb, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'd be drafting Tunsil so that we would have 2 guys who have the feet to play LT. It doesn't matter to me whether Tunsil or Lewan starts at LT the other will be the RT and then we have a solid OL with lots of depth.

We were very fortunate that Roos stayed so healthy throughout his career. We have seen how a few injuries on the OL can ruin a season. We have to have depth on the OL so that Mariota can develop and not turn into the next David Carr.

An OL of Lewan, Warmack, Jones, Vasquez, Tunsil, Gallick, Spain and a swing OG/T is what I'd like to see.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I absolutely despise the idea of taking a LT #1 overall. I'd rather get Vasquez, put my faith in Lewan developing (I believe he played through a couple injuries), put Bell at RT and draft another Tackle in round 2 or 3 to compete.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

So, if we use your reasoning, why wouldn't we draft a QB at #1 in case Mariota goes down? The #1 overall pick should not be used to provide depth at a position, but rather to get a difference maker on the team.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

And who plays RT when Tunsil gets hurt and Lewan has to move back to LT?

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Exactly, which was why Bosa wouldn't be a good pick either. The #1 needs to be a guy who'll play the majority of snaps and be a difference maker.

Also, Tampa had 2 quality OL rookie starters found in the mid rounds last year. JR was in on those picks. Just sayin.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

r
    Vasquez or the other OG/OT I think we should sign....who plays LT and RT if Lewan gets hurt as we currently stand.....that is pretty damn scary if you ask me.

Protecting your franchise QB is going to be a priority for Robinson. I can tell you that Mularkey and ownership let him know it was a priority for them.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I won't have a problem if we take Ramsey at #1.

Some of you all act like it is just crazy to consider taking Tunsil at #1 and you will be pissed off if it happens. Being upset that your GM is trying to protect your franchise QB is what is crazy. Tunsil isn't some sack of ****. He gets graded out as one of the top LTs to come out in years.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I heard that before

Chance Warmack was suppose to be a star day-1, and we're at day-1460 or something and he sucks..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

There was a lot of hype around Lewan coming out of college too.

10. Rudad

Rudad Starter

But you still have to protect the Franchise. We took Marcus even though Vince young , and Jake locker didn't work out. Still the line has to be fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar