Sweed makes me look like a genius at Texas Pro day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Austin_Bill, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Again, just out of curiosity how many texas games did you watch?

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Not as much as you but it takes only one game to realize wether they run sharp routes or not. He was adequate at it.

I whatched more than one though if you were wondering.

You can't tell on highlight but whatch as many as you want but I don't see much seperation. Good route runners are better at getting seperation and I don't see a lot of that with him.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I agree that he doesn't just blow away the cornerback. The job of a big receiver is to get the separation needed to make the catch. And if they go deep and he doesn't have much separation he can go up and get the ball. Obviously if you didn't watch every game you could have just caught him on a night he wasn't as effective. Look at manningham's game against app state, he had one big catch, the rest of the game he didn't do anything. Now obviously this isn't a good way to judge a guy based on one game I saw. Luckily i watched mario almost every game this past year and I believe he is a very solid receiver as I've said all along, I just also think that sweed is a very solid receiver as well.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Manningham could never step up against good teams nor could he lift his team against top competition. I will go back to the fact that in 3 years against tOSU he never scored a single touchdown. Sweed had good enough seperation to score the winning TD against tOSU in the biggest game of the 2k5 regular season. He had the winning TD against Oklahoma in 2k6.

The guy stepped up when his team needed him. And yes he run damn good routes since most scouts consider his route running as one of his strengths.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofg5EiHxaX8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofg5EiHxaX8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z22PFO55Tfs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z22PFO55Tfs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I really wouldn't consider a Penn State team that ended up in the Alamo bowl as top competition, same goes for Michigan State. Show me what he did against USC or tOSU or in any bowl game for that matter.

Sweed stepped up huge against texas tech and texas a$m as well but I haven't said a word about those because they aren't top competition and really don't prove my point.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. Sweed sure did step up huge a lot to have jack sh** across his stat board.
    btw: That Penn State team that isn't top competition, beat the OSU team that you're hyping up for Sweed.
    As for stepping up so huge vs OSU? He had 46 yards. 1 touchdown. Manningham had 64 the same year. 86 the next. And 34 in his worst. 12 yards less than Sweed on a terrible day where he had a case of butter fingers.

just sayin...

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

USC: 6 receptions 79 yards
    UF: 5 receptions 78 yards 1 td(7 rushes 53 yards)
    three games combined against osu: 15 receptions 184 yards

i didn't bring up any other games than the ones that he had the winning tds in. if i brought up EVERY game last year he stepped up big in i would have named about 7 games, yardage and td wise.

i also forgot about the game against illinois, the one when he had 109 yards and two tds. the score was 27-17 UM.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Ever hear that stats lie and liars use stats.

Hall of fame TE Keith Jackson had almost no stats when he was drafted in the 1st round out of Oklahoma. According to your logic he never would have been worthy of that draft pick since in his 4 years at Oklahoma he had a total of 62 receptions. Keith was a six time pro bowler in his career with Philadelphia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar