Sweed makes me look like a genius at Texas Pro day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Austin_Bill, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

To say he's not worth it I think is a bit of a stretch. I mean most draft "experts" and scouts have him as a top 20 pick. I understand that a lot of you don't like him for whatever reasons, but there's a reason that scouts love him. For all we know Sweed could have been working 24/7 on improving his game and some of the other receivers have slacked off since the season ended.

2. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Since we've got some Longhorn fans on here, how'd little Griff do in in his workouts?

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Scouts love him because he's 6'4 220 and ran fast in.....WORKOUTS.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Did you see the movie twins with Arnold and Danny Devito? Marcus is playing the part of Danny Devito. I love the guy and he will probably be a decent special teams guy but no way would I draft him before the 6th round. Now if you want a real badass Drew Kelson is going to be your man. He played linebacker at Texas until his senior year when we moved him to DB. he put up 4.45 40 and a 41 in verticle at the Texas pro day. He is also the linebacker that covered reggie bush stride for stride in the Rose bowl.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

You forgot that he also is considered to have the best body control and runs excellent routes. He is also pretty clutch considering some of the game winning touchdown catches he has made.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

You really think that they only look at combine numbers? You comment on how he's slow, how many texas games did you watch 2 years ago?

7. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

There seems to be this assumption that we have to have a speed guy. I want sweed because he is big, strong, and can go up and get the ball. He can catch a deep ball over a defender and would be a dangerous weapon in the red zone-and he runs well too. We need guys who can catch TD's. He is in the mold of a TO or Plaxico (not saying he will have that success, but that is the style of WR he is) and that is the kind of guy we need with the red zone brutality we showed last year. Get a guy who can run a fade and catch the ball in traffic. Sweed is that guy.

Griffin is not worth a draft pick.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Sweed is a heck of a weapon in the red zone but he is also a guy who can stretch the zone and keep the safeties from creeping up and that is what we really need to open up our running game. If we can keep the safeties back a couple extra yards it can mean a 5 yard run becomes six which is huge for our offense.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Best body control, who said that?

James Hardy has better body control and is bigger, faster, and he actually played the whole year......16 tds did I mention that.

Devin Thomas can adjust to the worst of passed and snag them effortlessly.

I'm pretty sure DJ can control his 5'9 body better than Sweed as well.

Runs excellent routes.....umm going to disagree he needs considerable work in that area. Mannigham runs sharper routes in walk throughs than Sweed did on gameday.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thing is - we already have a Justin Gage. Which is basically what you described.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar