Suspect claims Pacman framed him

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Anything is possible. I've seen it all before. But in this case, I do not see Edwards story as plausible at all. I think Riverman is not seeing things clearly here. And while pac man may have, and probably did deliver the command, Edwards sounds like the guy who took the shot.

Someone brought up the point that someone would have noticed a one armed shooter. Let's pretend for one moment that the one arm was obvious and not covered up by a leather jacket, I don't think I would notice it. I am outside in the dark, I hear gunfire, I don't turn to look, I run like hell. I think most people would. I would say that very few people would actually look in the direction of the gunfire, and for the few that do, it's awful dark to see a one armed man poppin off shots. People are just not that aware in my opinion to have seen that when they are fearing for their lives. You may get a glimpse at best.

We are also talking about a known criminal in Edwards. Someone who threatens lives for a living. Which indeed does make him a target. But if known criminal is at the location of a crime, then even I can put two and two together. I agree with Jeff, that is a classic denial. He has lot of reasons not to tell the truth, since his freedom is on the line. He's saying he was set up, but seriously, you have a known killer in a place where a shooting occurs, then it is not hard to put the puzzle together. How many people in one club are really capable of firing off rounds at any given time. Not many. But he's one of them. And he was there. That does not make him guilty, but it certainly puts him into the small group of people, one or two, who are likely to have done it.

Edwards says he never received no money. And that has yet to be determined. I'm quite sure his plan is to cover up receipt of the money using his girl, and that said plan has worked well for him in the past, and that he believes he will walk clean because of said plan. But I bet he's about to get a dose of reality when the Feds recreate the trail to his pocketbook. The money trail seems to point directly too Edwards already with high probability. If PAc Man was the executor, the link defines the shooter. If Pac Man was extorted, then some inferences can be made regarding Edwards.

Edwards has a lot going for him. There's no real connection to the crime. Witnesses are few and far between. He knows it too. But the circumstantial evidence points to Edwards. So I think he's lying. It may never be proven. But I think he's the most likely shooter at this point in time. And while his account sounds truthful, He's had plenty of time to carve out his defense. I do not agree that Pac Man has more to gain, as money is money, and 15 grand to Edwards is motive.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If no one can place him at the scene besides Pacman, I doubt this goes very far.

You have two people with no credibility with conflicting stories. I don't see either one being convicted on the testimony of the other. It'll take multiple other witnesses who will also be of questionable character and/or drunk at the time it occurred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar