Survival football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Starkiller, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^I think the risk is worth the reward here. If I'm right I'm done with worrying about who to go with down the road, because the better teams are waiting for me to pick them. It's easy to pick the Colts, but who do you go with once you've used them up.... See my strategy here? If I'm out week-1 so be it, but if I use up a crummy team, I'm sitting pretty.

Ive seen more bad teams win early in the year than good teams winning late. If I'm missing something, someone point it out, but I feel good about this plan.

2. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Your strategy is good, but to me there are just alot safer picks still using the bad teams.

3. JCBRAVE

^Care to elaborate? I identified the Lions, Bucs, Jags, Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks, Panthers, Rams, and Bills as all teams you wouldn't dare pick unless forced to. Browns included. However with the Browns, they face one of those weak teams listed. Also of the teams mentioned, I only see the Browns as week-1 winners in the bunch. We expect the Chargers to beat the Chiefs, Titans to beat the Raiders, Dolphins to beat the Bills, Bears beat the Lions, Cards to beat the Rams, and then there's good teams vs good teams. The Seahawks game could go either way, as could the Browns. Except with the Browns you have Mangini who is opening vs the Bucs who annually suck opening day. Mangini (not a genius) will be able to score on them, as has been the case during his coaching career.

I think its a calculated risk worth going for. We'll see.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Remember... there are 32 teams to choose from over 17 weeks. The Browns should never be one of them.

The risk is not worth the reward. Trust me.

5. JCBRAVE

Normally I'd agree wholeheartedly, but I like their chances vs the Bucs. The only concern is their right side of their O-Line, but the Bucs suck over in that area too. So it's okay.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Are the point spreads calculated as well? If so, it will be almost impossible to last more than 4 weeks.

Or is it just a straight up win by your picked team keeps you alive (as it should be)?

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's just the win, not the spread.

I was about to go into further detail about why I disagree with JC's strategy, but then I realized that the more I explained, the more I'd hurt my own odds in the pool. Therefore, I'm shutting up and enjoying the risk-takers, and watching them drop like flies.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ahahahaha...

Good luck next season, JC.

9. JCBRAVE

Yea so much for that plan huh... I was looking real good til the end there. Oh well, no regrets. I fared well in every other league I'm apart of.

10. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar