Surprising numbers at some positions...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We kept 7 WRs, 2 FBs, and 3 TEs? I didn't think we'd have that many. Only 8 OL made it.

On D, we kept 6 CBs, King made the squad, but only 4 safties. I guess they're counting on the fact that Griffen could play safety if he needs to, but I'm surprised that we went a little thing. Scott and Thompson cut, both surprises.

Poor long, I guess it's unlikely that he'll make it back.

What about these numbers surprises everyone else the most? To me, it's that we kept the 12 spots for non- o line and non QB players. Isn't that more than normal? I was expecting 6 WRs, 1 FB, 3 TEs. Maybe 7 WRs, but to keep 7 and an extra fullback is a lot.

2. I'm definetly not surprised Lamont got cut :nono:

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If you're not surprised that Lamont got cut, then you weren't thinking about it very clearly. Almost never does a starting player just get cut, especially with no buildup.

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Just because you didn't see any buildup doesn't mean there wasn't any.

5. No build up??Are you serious??I'm not even gonna respond to that...Lamont is still chasin Marvin Harrison as we speak...

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

:yes:

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

A lot has to do with how the other players benefit the team. LT was no worse than normal, and at times looked better, but Lowry, while not spectacular, was no big drop off either. Griffin we all hope can step in at some point improved as a FS for having played and practiced at CB

Casey Cramer came to play this offseason. Not knowing what we have at WR has led us to keep 7, and knowing that 3 OL backups can backup every position on the line has caused us to go with 8. These things I posted were real possibilities, along with 4 S v 6 CB.

I'll admit that I was surprised, as in eyebrow-raised surprised, that we cut LT, but we've been clamoring for it for 29 games now. The good news is that it probably indicates the Titans and Fisher have and continue to be more testing and sneaky in their experimentations than we gave them credit for being.

Now that right there is a nice surprise!

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The other thing I will say, especially in LT's absence, is that I feel this is going to be the best tackling team we've fielded since 2003. I feel very very good about that. My biggest concerns are probably Lowry and Fuller, and we've been clamoring for them to play since some time last year.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Cramer, Ealy and King all showed they deserve to make the roster, and that even as depth, their contribution is going to be more than Thompson's overall.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Which shows that we're trying to stack the special teams as much as we can, improve the team depth overall, and add players who have upside. Lamont has none. And if we have guys like these who can play teams and contribute on the field while spelling starters, it's going to keep guys fresher, with hopefully fewer injures, fewer mental mistakes, etc etc etc. I like the move a lot, but expect there may be further changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar