Surprise...Hoge predicts Titans most disappointing team for 2008

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i can already name several teams that are much more disappointing than us..

..Hoge, you suck

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

He said this when VY was the starter. To his credit, as soon as Collins was inserted, he changed his tune completely because he said Collins would be a better game manager, thus making the Titans a more complete team. Does anyone disagree?

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

KC hasn't done anything VY can do. When you have a great defense it's hard to mess up.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

VY started the game where we beat one of espn's super bowl favorites. And I think even with VY as our starter we'd be 3-0 right now.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

VY went out of the game after creating a 3rd and 15 while the Jags had momentum. KC came in and saved the lead the DEFENSE had gotten us.

It's funny that homers watch these games and are blind to the face that KC gives us a MUCH better opportunity at winning.

Vince in the Cincy wind...whole different game. But, yes he probably still beats Houston. With VY playing, we could easily be 1-2 even with this defense. Sounds kinda similar to Minnesota who was unfortunate to not have their QB go down before he contributed nearly entirely to their losing record.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol KC threw a dunk that was fortunate to get 44 yards. Don't claim he led anything where he threw it 1 yard past the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 15. It was a conservative play call that got lucky. It wasn't Collins, it was Scaife and his blockers.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Except throwing downfield and not throwing costly interceptions.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

It's funny how vy haters can be so blind to these games. How do you determine the jags had momentum in that game? They hadn't scored a point since 10 minutes left in the first half. And your blind to think vy makes our team worse than the texans or bengals. I'll be interested to see collins play when we get some real competition. He put up average vy numbers against the lowly texans. Remember the teams we've played are 1-7.

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

hoge has got to be a short bus kid. seriously finish out 5 and 8 ?? any chance no way. I see us loosing 5 maybe 6 tops. I have heard a mix of opinions on ESPN but ill tell you what everyone is so high on buffalo and i dont think their defense is any where close to ours. Our defense will carry us to the playoffs and from there who knows. But on Sunday night in one of the half time shows or something i heard one of the ESPN guys predict the titans to make the SUPERBOWL. I heard it with my own ears and almost cried. To say that this team wont make the playoffs is a far reach from the truth. Cmon now a mediocre Indy. For gods sakes we have played indy good every time for the past 2-3 years. Weve even beat them once or twice. That was when they were Superbowl caliber. Right now they rank 30th in rushing defense...our strong point. We have a legit shot at taking 2 from these guys which would gaurentee us the division. All im saying is before you jump on Hoges boat remember that we have the best defense in football according to 90% of football intelegence. Cmon boys 8-8, the jets might go 8-8. that makes me sick

10. Morph

Morph Revolution

I think people need to keep in mind that these are only predictions. Anything can happen. Who "predicted" Tom Brady would miss the entire injury due to a injury? Who "predicted" them to lose against the Dolphins before the regular season started? My point, like other have made, is that "expert" or not, no one can magically see the future. As unfortunate and down right ridiculous as it would be, some of our key players such as Haynesworth, Finnegan, Johnson, Griffin, etc. could go down this week and suddenly we're a totally different team. Sure we have depth in many areas but not all. I said it before and I'll say it again - I think just the absence of CJ would dramatically reduce our offensive production which is why it's imperative for him to stay healthy. Depending on the health of this team will determine how far we will go this year. Unlike many of the "experts", I believe we have enough potential to be quite competitive in the post season this year. Not 'homerism' talking here either.

Screw Hoge. I'm sure we'll all be doing a little more of :makefun2: after a playoff game or two.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar