Rumor Supposed Trade Deal Chip Kelly Offered For Mariota

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 10ACTyrant, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Not to mention. My parents went to ndsu and I went to Memphis. It'd be pretty cool for either one of them to be the QB of my pro team!

2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

as best i can tell he plays the same position as Casey... defensive line is hardly this teams biggest need. also, Cox is still on his rookie contract. you gonna pay that much for two down linemen in a 3-4?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What if the 49ers offered there next 5 years 1st round draft picks?

4. Alex1939

What if they offered their next 10 years 1st round draft picks???

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

That's not what I said. I simply said 9.5 sacks for a DT is good. And yes actually, I would love to have 2 beasts at d end..

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No deal

With Mariota they'd be a 8-8 team in no time, not interested in those mid round picks

7. Alex1939

I don't know man, an extra first rounder for each of the next 5 years...

Passing on the deal means Mariota absolutely has to be a Superbowl winning QB for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You'd have to take 5 1st round picks for any player unless they are a 23 year old P. Manning or Brady.

And Mariota will never be that.. And no team would mortgage 5 years of draft for one questionable QB, unless they have no brain.

Any trade that spans more than 2 years of draft is plain stupid.

9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Yep. I think the trade value chart should be thrown out the window when a team WANTS to trade out of their pick. The value chart is audacious because in general terms, you are being asked to give up a "sure" starter and impact player for a "might be" a starter/impact player. In the case of Mariota, the staff really liked him and needed a franchise QB in the worst way. So, the trade value chart is more viable in that scenario.

In our current situation, Robinson would ideally like to trade out of No.1 and still get OT Stanley. Problem is, nobody needs or wants to move to No.1. SF will take whichever of the two QB's, Wentz or Goff, falls to them, and the Rams will stay put and take Paxton Lynch.

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

To be honest, if the FA OT's from this year's crop had been available last year, both Whisenhunt and Webster would still have their jobs here. I strongly believe that. Webster didn't have any good FA OT options last year. Oher didn't pan out and he had to hope Poutasi could step up at RT. People keep saying he WAS a Guard. HE WAS NOT. HE WAS A LT most of the time at Utah, which was a good team. Poutasi played pretty well for them at LT. If a guy plays pretty well in college at LT and you need a RT, you generally assume they can play there...but not necessarily the reverse.

Poutasi may have been able to develop into a solid starter at RT over time, but he was thrown into the fire and just wasn't ready for it. If he had panned out, both Whisnehunt and Webster would still be with the Titans. Drafting a franchise QB and a possible star WR wasn't quite enough.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar