Suppose The Titans win it all? (Collins question)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

And to get this topic back to where it needs to be....I honestly hope that Collins( Win SB or lose) remembers himself saying that this is "his" team right now and doesnt try raping us for money....as much as Collins has been up and down his career, this is a team where he can succeed and a team that gave him his what 4th chance???

I just hope loyalty becomes more important than dollar signs. Whereever Collins does go, he is always gonna have that next guy looking over his shoulder, at his age its just inevitable....might as well be here another year with Vince behind him.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

because those are the latest years of returns. You wouldn't measure what LaDanian Tomlinson did 7 years ago as opposed to last year to measure his success would you?

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Collins would be wise to take what we offer, he might get more $ somewhere else but he wont be making the playoffs with HFA with any other team. He needs this Defense and run game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Quit comparing the total value of Vince's six year contract to one year of Collins' contract. It doesn't make sense to compare Young's total contract value, including money he hasn't even been paid yet, to what we would pay Collins for one season next year.

Whoever said that the NFL needs to cap rookie salaries, I totally agree. It is completely out of hand. And I really can't see a good argument against it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titans4life10

Why would LT even be in this discussion? A. Vince Young nor Collins are running backs....and B. neither of them are even in LT's class of NFL player...

You want to compare Young last year to Collins this year, which doesnt make sense to me....explain to me how you compare a 13 year vet to a 3 year? When the 13 yr vet has had a better team around him this year than the 3 year guy had last year? Especially when comparing contracts which is even worse.

There is no magic wand that lets this season be replayed w/ VY at QB so you can compare him and Collins for this season.....there is no Rodgers vs Favre comparison here that we hear non stop about.

But if we do it your way, then I dont see why I cant compare Collins game last year where we had a record breaking 8 field goals due to horrible redzone offense....or 2006 where in 4 games Collins had 1 TD to 6 INT's?

The funny thing is, you high fived my original post then do the same for the next poster that contradicts what I said...do you just pick out certain parts and agree?? Cause your doing it all over this topic.

It all comes down to, to be on topic, Collins should re-sign at a value for him and the team, and not even have to worry bout competing for the starting position......and if he cries for money, well let him go to a bad team for money he might not ever fully see.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Dude, get past one analogy without explanation please.

and two; how do you compare any QBs then? none of them are the same age with the same skillset and/or same exact scenarios. This is an impossible discussion. The only thing we can go off of is their latest production. Say what you want, but the fact that our record AND play is much better this year with the same team except CJ, says what a lot of us already knew about VY. HE WASN'T READY AND HE WAS HOLDING THE TITANS BACK LAST YEAR.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

But hey man, Kerry just wins:)

8. titans4life10

Saying that the Titans have the same offensive team, aside from CJ, and then using Vince as the excuse as the reason the team was held back last year shows me how much you know about football.

CJ as great as he is, is not the whole difference from last year...its just easy for you to say the only problem was Vince.

But i rest my case, seeing how its easy for you to bash Vince for his play in his 2nd year, even in another topic that had nothing to due w/ his play...but yet in turn say he isnt ready.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

after this i'm done.

I didn't bash Vince at all. If you want me to be really excited about his 9/17 ratio, you're asking too much. Again if saying VY had a 9/17 ratio is bashing, please inform me on the truth, and I won't insult him by offering up actual statistics from last year.

10. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I agree with the first part of this, but don't know what you mean about "not even have to worry bout competing for the starting position"?

Does that mean he should get the starting job? Shouldn't get the starting job? That he would be able to compete for the starting job, or what exactly?

As for the rest, I think you absoletely have to compare the two QB's and pick whichever plays better. If the 13 year vet plays better, start him. If the 3rd year rookie plays better then start him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar