Suppose The Titans win it all? (Collins question)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

How do you not re-sign him and start him again next year?

At 13-2 I believe we still have doubters who think #10 should be in there. That said, if The Titans go all the way there is no further argument that Collins is the right guy.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

There's no question, you would resign him and start him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I dont' want to suppose that far, but if we did win the SB, then I say only sign KC for the minimum, VY has to be given another chance, and groom Simms to take KC role this year...

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Let the trade talks with Detroit begin.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Collins won't sign for the minimum.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

But he won't command Haynesworth dollars either. Titans would still have to be high atop his list of places he wants to be if he knew he was gonna start. I don't see him rolling into Chicago, Detroit or Kansas City and having immediate chemistry or those teams being close enough to playoff caliber anyway..

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, damn, could he at least settle for VY dollars? :grrhee:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No he won't get a mega-deal. How old is he? 37?

But I could see a team like Chicago or Detroit (I think Kansas like Thigpen) rolling out a 2 year deal and having him play to groom their next draft pick.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

He won't get big dollars but he'll got more than the league minimum. I could see some sort of two year deal with incentives. I couldn't see him going anywhere where they expect him to do anything more than just manage a game like he's been doing so far.

As for VY, fat chance of him ever being a solid starter here or anywhere esle for that matter. Best case senario for us would be to make sure we get Kerry back so that we can compete again next season.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Collins....He has done nothing AMAZING. He has done a lot of good things, and perhaps that is amazing in itself. My main problem with paying him big is that he is OLD. In football terms he is OLD. If our OLINE was to take a few injuries, he wouldnt last 3 games. He is doing good cause our oline is the HEAT. They dont allow him to take big shots. He has earned a pay raise to be sure, but I am not breaking the bank. Treat him just like Trent Dilfer was after his superbowl.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar