Supplemental Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by smili, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would offer a 4th for Brooks. We have 2 4ths anyway next yr and drafting a guy in the 4th is always risky as it is. So why not take a chance on a guy that has 1st rnd talent who would fill a couple of key needs for us. He could compete against Tulloch and Sirmon for the MLB spot. He also could be a situational speed rusher from the DE position. Plus being a ST ace.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fleming not make the team. It isn't like he is a bruising runner or a guy that can plow you under as a blocker or a guy that is just amazing at catching the ball out of the backfield. Personally I think Scaife has shown he has better hands and is just as good a blocker. I think that Ganther could take Flemings spot as I think he is going to be better at catching the ball out of the backfield coming from the spread offense that Utah played.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Not with Floyd. Floyd's best round it seems is the 4th

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I pretty much agree with this assesment. Having several talents available in a position we need depth at is hard to ignore. A fourth is about as high as I think we should go on one of these guys but it could pay big dividends. I think they're more like second round talent though.

5. smili

smili Starter

I guess we've gotta consider we've got two new rookies at LB already in Tulloch and Nande, and it sounds like Sirmon is back in the fold after asking to be traded early on. I can't recall where, but I heard positive comments that Sirmon's looking very good at MLB, and Tulloch is also looking good. I can't see us taking another LB at that spot given what we have on roster. I'm assuming Sirmon's contract will be renegotiated.

Given this and the character issues involved, I'm betting we pass on the supplemental, or use lower than a 4th.

6. Totally agree on that, I also heard a lot of good comments on Sirmon at MLB, so we shall see...........................

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

when will cody spencer be cut? :lol:

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Soon I would assume. Drafting all these LBs after bringing in a FA LB pretty much showed how they feel about Cody and a few others.

9. smili

smili Starter

10. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

He lead the Titans with 366 special teams plays last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar