Superbowl Tickets question?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah, it's looking ahead, but I want to be prepared...

Exactly how do Superbowl Tickets work? I was told there is a select number for each team's season ticket holders, and that a raffle is held to determine who wins the right to buy tickets. Is this correct, and any idea how many are allotted per team?

Also, what about other tickets? When are they usually found for sale?

Just looking for clarity on this topic.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

don't jinx us.

3. Alex1939

:shake:

It's nothing to do with jinxing us, and it doesn't matter if I'm looking ahead cause I'm a fan not a player.

I'm trying to be prepared to purchase tickets early. Which I will do, as long as the Titans still look pretty good later in the season. Because you can always resell the tickets if we didn't make it.

I'm not sure why this was moved out of the main forum since this is an NFL topic.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Ticket threads don't belong in that area.

Unless things have changed, the lottery is the only way to get a ticket at face. We saw a lot being scalped in Atlanta (along with fakes) around many hotels in the area. I think $700 or so was the best deal I worked out but didn't do.

5. Alex1939

Well, it seemed that asking how Superbowl Tickets were distributed is an NFL topic.

But it's your world and we're just typing in it :grrhee:

Thanks for the information. I'm just trying to get the heads up on getting tickets.

Anyone know when they normally show up on E-Bay, etc?

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Sadly, attending the Super Bowl, live, is no longer a fan event. It's turned into a corporate and celebrity event. There was a red carpet VIP arrival section! Your husband could be the starting quarterback and your seats are garbage. Getting a ticket at face value is rare, even for an NFL player. If you are playing in the game, you get an alloted number of tickets, then you have to go on, basically the free market to get more for your family and friends. A single guy on the practice squad can triple his salary by selling his allotment of tickets to his fellow players.

But anyway, I've had friends who show up at the stadium with cash, wait for kickoff and the resellers are all about making a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar