Superbowl in the Snow?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think it would be hilarious if they have to reschedule the super bowl. I'm rooting for it. Egg would be ALL OVER Goodell's face.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Playing outdoors in Florida or California does not guarantee good weather. It just ensures it won't be cold. Cold does not equal bad weather.

[​IMG]Look at all that rain in Miami. AND THE PASSING TEAM WON.

You guys are being pansies.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Why in the hell wouldn't you just play in the snow?

I'd think even more people would tune in to see that.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Some of my greatest memories of playing football growing up were in adverse weather conditions. Nothing like a uni full of mud and blood and grass stains.... that always separated the players from the bench warmers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I don't get why playing in bad weather makes you "tough" every single player in the NFL will play to the best of their ability regardless of weather so what does that "prove" anyways? To me bad weather is pretty much a gimmick. I love a tough, hard hitting football game that is a test of wills as much as the next guy but I'd like that game to take place on a field where people aren't slipping and falling. I also have fond memories of games played in the rain and snow but they're only good memories due to the novelty of it. Can you imagine trying to cover a guy like Wes Welker on a slippery, muddy surface? DBs are already at enough of a disadvantage.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hmmmmmm. Dude... You may want to look up the stats in that Super Bowl. Manning was not actually very good in it. Dominic Rhodes was the true MVP, all media biases aside.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Oh without a doubt Rhodes deserved the MVP that game, but the passing team was able to adjust and win. People acting like if it's cold and snowy the conditions will adversely affect the game are just kidding themselves and finding something to ***** about.

This whole thing is just contrived because SportsCenter needs something to talk about for two weeks.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I'm surprised Tebow didn't make the pro bowl somehow. His stats this year were pretty similar to the ones he had on that playoff run.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

bro, people will get to the game. Trust me. If it's snowy and they don't leave their hotels early to get to the stadium, well then they don't need to be there that bad.

My only concern, humor in mind, is that the nfl will postpone it for weather. Would not suprise me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

You guys are missing the point. We arent talking about rather a regular Snow game is a problem. Of course playing in the snow is awesome to watch. This is the SUPER BOWL!!! Its not a normal Sunday noon game in NJ. There are 3 times as many cameras and satellite trucks. How can they fit all that extra equipment on the sidelines when there are mounds of snow piles all around. Plus if its snowing during the game, all that equipment can get blocked in. Plus you have hundreds of extra dancing and stuff for the half time show

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar