Superbowl Champs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansfan12, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Like RavensShallBurn, I also realize the coaches don't trust him. It's painfully apparent. I just don't see why they seem to distrust him to such a ridiculous extent. I can totally understand them not wanting to let him throw it 35-40 times a game. But 43 attempts through 3 games? Give me a break. Vince is not the worst starting QB in the league. Not even close to it. Yet that's how we're handling him. IMO we have to start throwing the ball more if we are going to go the distance this year. Defenses are putting 8 and 9 guys in the box and doing a better job than last year at stopping CJ. Our O-line doesn't look nearly as good as we expected and CJ doesn't look quite the same either (which is probably to a large extent a result of O-line play).

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

VY's attempt numbers will always be less than average but what you are seeing now is the result of the Titans not needing to throw against the Raiders and unable to throw versus the Steelers.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

True. I very much agree that he didn't need to throw much against the Raiders, and he obviously couldn't throw well enough against the Steelers. That being said, he should have thrown much more against the Giants. CJ should never have to carry the ball as much as he did last week.

4. RavensShallBurn

Okay, so I would like to see what games you're predicting us to win/lose... and then you said you were thinking 6-10? I'd really love to see how you think that can happen. I don't disrespect you for being vocal and opinionated, but I wholeheartedly disagree with your predictions... and it has nothing to do with me being a homer.

Was this your pre-season prediction or current prediction? Do you really think we will win only 5 out of our last 13 games? What about after Sunday (if we win like we should)?

The only way I see 7-9 as a possibility is if CJ or Finnegan are out for more than 2 games.

5. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Yes deuce, explain 7-9. We are not superbowl bound, but we aren't less than .500 either.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

oakland-W
    pittsburgh-L
    new york-W
    denver-L
    dallas-L
    jacksonville-W
    philly-L
    san diego-L
    miami-W
    washington-W
    houston-L
    jacksonville-W
    indy-L
    houston-W
    kansas city-W
    indy-W(special thanks to indy for treating this like a bye week)

There's how we go 9-7

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think we are better than 7-9 but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility either. If you're looking at it objectively, our remaining schedule is pretty ridiculous. If we can stay relatively healthy we should be okay. If a key guy or two happen to get injured at the wrong times then we could be in trouble.

Outside of Jacksonville, I honestly don't see any "gimme"/"automatic W" type games on our schedule (and with the Tarps being a division rival anything could really happen in those games as well). Hopefully we can sweep the Jags but realistically we'll probably be lucky to split with the Texans and Colts.

I'm saying 10-6 for the season but I don't think Deuce's prediction of 7-9 is so out there that it's absurd or anything.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

Not saying I think we'll go 7-9, but where does the "we should win" against the Broncos mentality come from? Their defense is solid and Orton has played really well this year. I can see them shutting our offense down and the game coming down to the final few plays in the 4th.

Hopefully our offense plays well and this doesn't happen, but I really wouldn't count this as an easy win.

The only "easy" games we have coming up are:
    Jacksonville x 2
    Washington

The rest I'd consider as potential losses:
    Dallas, Philly, SD, Miami, Houston(2), Indy(2), KC

Again, chances that we lose this week in Denver and against every other good team we play are very slim, but it is possible. I personally think we're a 9-7 or 10-6 team. Not sure if that's good enough for the playoffs, but if we do make it anything can happen.

9. RavensShallBurn

The "we should win" mentality comes from being a confident fan and not a Debbie downer who has no faith going into any game. That's not to say that we can sleep on any team. This is the NFL. You can't do that. But, this is a team we should beat.

They lost to the Jags. :ha: Their defense is solid? The 18th ranked total defense (#23 pass defense, #10 run defense, #21 points allowed) is solid? You're going to have to be a lights out defense like the Steelers to have a chance of containing CJ. They'll struggle against him. Also, they only have two sacks. Overall, they seem pretty mediocre on defense. Moreno is out. The only thing that worries me is their passing game. They have proven absolutely nothing so far.

I expect a game similar to the Giants one... giving up a lot of passing yards, but not many points. They rank #2 in offense, but only put up 20 ppg. That's a major coaching problem. They had five redzone trips last week and put up no touchdowns (and I want to say 0 points in those trips). That's sad.

The game is in Nashville, not Denver.

If we lose this game we will more than likely not be in the playoffs. This is a team we should crush.

10. RavensShallBurn

Are you claiming those (bolded) are possible losses due to the 3-4 defensive scheme or because you just automatically assume those are great teams?... they're not. Great talent; terrible coaching.

You can't possibly think we will lose all four games between the Texans and Colts either.

We shall see how the Chiefs hold up, but by week 16 (when we play them) I expect them to be pretty average around 7-7.

I'm expecting a 10-6 or 11-5 performance by the 2010 Titans, FYI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar