Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i didn't even know the wii had online. NEAT.....

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

WiFi :yes:
    no content like downloadable demos or nothing
    but there's quite a few MP games
    Brawl supports 32 players online or something

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=748545&downloadURL=http://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/video/article/859/859522/snake_vs_luigi_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360' ></embed>

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol very amusing.

So is it a fighter like Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter or does it have a storyline to it?

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

It is a fighter with no story. It doesn't need one. If it is anything like melee the gameplay will be all you need. The game is addicting.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Doesn't it get boring when you win all the time? Like in Mortal Kombat etc?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

INCORRECT

there is a fairly length SINGLE PLAYER aspect called the Space Emissary
    and what little there is of a story, there is one
    it's starts off as a huge stadium matchup with Mario and a few friends, then the bad guys come in and release this black hole bomb that voids a loarge section of the 'world' ... you then travel to other areas cleansing the effected zones of baddies from a wide range of other games, and even have mini-bosses and Big Bosses all the while more cutscenes (which are some of the slickest I've seen in gaming) reveal more story

at times some friends (like Zelda, Luigi, Peach,etc.). are frozen into statues and abducted by Bowser and some other dude (who then start fighting themselves for the statues) , at other times, you find statues and those players are added to your 'group'

I've been playing the single player a few days (off and on) and I'm about 30% through it. haven't 'unlocked' Snake or Sonic yet

alos, throughout the single player mode, it's basically a side-scroller with warp doors that take you to other 'zones' to collect trophies and such

I'm normally not a big fan of fighters like this (Mortal Kombat,etc...) or side-scrollers in general, but this game is different in many ways.

it can get repetitive , but you're always playing as different characters with different skills against different baddies .... and the cutscenes tell just enough of a story to keep you in it

it's a good game ...... a very good game

8. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

It is a multiplayer game at heart. The single player was added for ummm well I don't know. It is about the only reason I want a Wii. 4 player brawl. online brawls.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

irregardless
    you said that it's a fighter with NO story
    which is not the case

and yeah online brawling is where it's at

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

all you angry wii-ans :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar