Super Bowl XLVI Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I gotcha.

I really thought that was Richard Simmons at first.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Stupid as anything to let the opposing team score with under a minute left to take the lead in the Super Bowl.

Loser make that decision.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I disagree. Had the Pats not done that, the Giants would have milked the clock AND taken the lead with a field goal... leaving almost no time for Brady to try to win.

It was a good strategic decision... "force" them to score so your best player can have time to win it. It was, really, the only way the Pats could possibly control the outcome.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Ugh. The commercials seem to get worse every year!

The best commercial was only best because the rest sucked so bad.

Since when did the beer commercials become some of THE worst ones..?

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Patriots should have won. Now I have to hear all this crap about Eli Manning now.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

You know... had Hernandez been about 1 or 2 steps closer... he may have caught that final Hail Mary in the endzone.

That would have be pretty unbelievable.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Giants has Tynes as kicker. Nothing is a sure thing with him. Giants had already fumbled twice, could happen again.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Did you see where Gronk was? He had the best chance at it.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I was cheering on the Giants... but, I like a good game and THAT would have been pretty incredible.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

That is true... but it still isn't a controlled destiny by the Pats.

If he misses the chip-shot Field Goal and the Patriots win... great, but it's still a gamble.

If he kicks the field goal and there is about 10-20 seconds left on the clock... Pats are royally screwed.

If I have a player like Brady and a good offense - though, you wouldn't know it by the final "drive" - I would want him to have the ball and control my destiny.

Eh, playing with numbers... I like being in control, personally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar