Super Bowl XLI winner called by Peter King

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The Cowboys are the trendy pick in the NFC. I dont buy it.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't either, they got a tough division and may not even make the playoffs.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

When did they get so trendy anyways? I started up with this stuff a while back and now all of a sudden this dude is picking them... I was laughed out of the forum at the mere mention of the notion... honestly, Gunny has a good point, as the NFC goes, the East is without question the toughest division... But, just remember... never underestimate the power of the lunatic. (Owens) ... I hate the bad T.O. as much as the next guy, (well, not maybe quite as much...) but you guys have got to admit, when T.O. is on his meds (likely Paxil) ... he is a force to be reckoned with... when T.O. is on, he draws so much double coverage it is ridiculous... Just having T.O. on the field makes getting the ball to the slot reciever or the opposite wideout that much easier by virtue of the opposition is game planning for T.O. One could even make some kind of tortured argument that the run game is more effective, but I'm not trying to go there... bottom line... Parcells is the man. He has got to be one of the greatest coaches I have ever had the privilage to observe. I like everything about the Tuna. I like his demeanor... I like the way he always looks as if he is going to kill some unsuspecting bystander... Parcells is awesome and I think I could root for almost any team that he coaches... (root is a strong word... root for any NFC team he coaches I guess...) Hey, what can I say? I likes me some Tuna.

4. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Plus TO has been a good boy the first year he is with a team

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Peter King sucks, rarely writes anything with any value beyond entertainment. Really? Dallas over NE? I don't see NE making the superbowl, I finally actually see a struggle for them to win their division, and if they aren't better than last year, they won't win it. Both could be good teams, but both are risks to call them as the superbowl matchup.

On another note, wouldn't it be exciting to be a fan of any of the NFC East teams last year and right now? That division is so up in the air, you'd be on the edge of your seat during EVERY division game, and you'd be the same way even every time your other division members play each other. I miss that. Sure, houston's been on the bottom for quite some time, and Indy's had our number for a few years now, but there used to be more mystery in the division games. I'd love to be a part of that kind of competition. The jags got a wild card last season practically with a yawn (thanks, scheduling guy). I want us to get better, much better, if for no other reason then to be able to get really truly pumped four weeks a year when we play the jags and the colts. That's the kind of feeling that makes me long for late august, when the preseason is winding down, we've got our starting lineup set, and we're getting ready for some serious football season... Who's feelin' me?

6. I think that Miami have a huge chance to win there divisionthis year, especially if they play like they did towards the end of the season, then yeah, Pats are gonna find it hard for the first time in ages. You could perhaps say that picking the Pats to go to the SuperBowl is a safe pick cause of there recent history.

I don't think we should say that the Jags didn't earn that playoff spot, because although they played some easy teams, they still played well.

I have a real vibe that we can do something this season, you know, rattle a few teams, making an impression that the Titans are back, I didn't have that vibe last year, but I have it this year

mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm crispy bacon!!!

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The best argument for TO helping the run is that he is big guy and an above average blocker for a receiver.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The San Diego Chargers were straight up robbed of that play-off spot.
    They KO'ed Indy man... dominated them...

Yeah, the Jags have come a long way, but by post season standards, they are 2nd tier... still, they won that play-off spot, but in a head to head matchup... let's just say you take New England out of the mix, insert the Chargers, hell, play the dang thing at All-TARP in Jacksonville... you still have electrocuted feline at the end of the day.

You know, I just viewed the Chargers results and they started weak and finished weak... but they still beat Indy... Beat Indy in a way that Seattle did not... Say what you want... I think San Diego would have destroyed Jacksonville... plus, Indy or no Indy... the AFC West is tougher than the AFC South...

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:jagsbite:

NO respect for Jags.

BOO Jags.

IMO they had way too easy of a schedule and proved it when they only could muster 3 points in the playoffs.

10. I would have loved the Chargers to go through more than the Jags, but there you go, Chargers played won one of the best games of the season but they couldn't get to the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar