Super Bowl to be played in London ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

only suckers actually GO to the Superbowl guys....

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No. That's false.

If the Titans go to the Super Bowl, I will do everything it takes to go. I will sell anything I have that isn't a need for me... I went to Super Bowl XXXIV when I was 10 years old. My dad made that happen. I love my dad so much for making that possible, and for being awesome. At that age, it was harder for me to get into it and understand everything that was going on, but I loved every minute of it. The only play I really remember is the very last one. My dad picked me up so I could see everything at that point. I have never experienced something so amazing in my life besides witnessing the Music City Miracle. Again, I always wish I could witness this stuff NOW, so I could actually take it all in and put it into perspective. But I am extremely greatful for being able to go to every home game, and a few big away games.

When we make it back, mark my words... I'll be there screaming my lungs out.

Obviously, I realize that your post is somewhat sarcastic... just felt like sharing my two cents.

3. RavensShallBurn

I can't believe I'm saying this... Trent Dilfer just summed this up perfectly.

He, Cris Carter, and Tom Jackson were all talking about the possibility of moving the Super Bowl to London. They all completely trashed the idea saying it makes no sense whatsoever.

Trent, you still suck, but thank you for making agreeable input for once.

4. STF

STF "blank"

How do you figure? Why would you make assumptions like that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...lphins-Giants-sold-Wembley-10-times-over.html

"Dolphins and Giants could have sold out Wembley 10 times over

The NFL's first overseas regular season game in London could have sold out the 90,000-seat Wembley Stadium 10 times over, officials said on Tuesday about the league's launch into international scheduling.

Three days after the NFL announced in February that the New York Giants would play the Miami Dolphins on Oct. 28 in London, requests for more than half a million tickets were received, the league said."

Imagine what a super bowl would do.

I agree with these two.

5. RavensShallBurn

Yes, it sold out. That's great, and that produces plenty of money for the NFL, but about 90% of the attendees were asking each other "WTF just happened?!" the entire game.

Regular season? Fine. The Super Bowl? Don't go there!

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just because a regular season game would have sold 500,000 tickets at $50 doesn't mean the Super Bowl would generate similar interest @ $200

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

let's see if Wembley can sell out a 16 game slate before the League goes and hands them a super bowl. Perhaps each week 1 nfc team and 1 afc team face off in England as part of inter conference play. Like the 1st place Titans play the 1st place Cardinals... The Colts would play the 49er's... It makes more sense than moving the super bowl, plus, every team has the perceived "disadvantage" of making that trip.

8. STF

STF "blank"

I agree that the superbowl should stay in the states. But I don't think it would be bad for the NFL to have it played overseas. Which is what I'm arguing against.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

My suggestion, if the league gets serious about dropping 2 pre-season game and adding 1 regular season game...

Make the extra regular season game an international game. Heck an international weekend.

That would be my idea to grow NFL globally.

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

There is one reason & one reason only I want the Super Bowl in the UK ... to cut down on the stupid asinine 8 hour pre-game shows by Fox/ESPN/CBS/NBC, whoever the **** is holding the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar