Super Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Did any of your hear Madden referring to the "defensive quarterback" while explaining a play? 1st quarter, SEA on defense.... We got a huge laugh outta that!

My older brother called me....he said, "I just saw the Stones, and that reminded me to call you"....the way it was presented sounded like a backhanded compliment....WTF did that mean??? :ha:

I think PIT get some definate ref help. Guido and Vinnie protected their investment. Man, I hate saying that.

2. jdee

jdee Guest

It's hard to believe a losing super team dominate play that much. Seattle had 3 opportunities with field position in the first half, only to get 3 points. Questionable offensive pass interference.
    Second half, again a questionable holding call on Seattle after a pass play to the one. They end up getting picked and the Steelers score on a trick play. Seattle will think about this one for a while.

JDee

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Meh, it was offensive pass interference, Ben might not have gotten the ball in, but had the ball been planted a bit shorter it wouldn't have been overturned. There was no irreversible evidence either way. Seattle have 1 thing to solve, and thats drafting a TE in the draft. Stevens was terrible ALL game.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The refs were terrible, I dont know that it wouldve changed the outcome but the Refs have been terrible all post season and the NFL really needs to reevaluate whatever training they give these guys.

The offensive pass interference is debateable, but I think it was a touchdown, Jackson touched him but didnt really push him. Ben wasnt in the endzone, not one angle showed the ball crossing the goal line, that was a terrible call. They gave Hasselbeck a 15 yard penalty for making a tackle, how ridiculous was that, and before Hasselbeck through the pick there was a really weak holding call that negated a completion that had them inside the 10 yard line. THe officials were as terrible today as they were all post season.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Seattle got jerked on the calls today. Those calls negated their momentum, every time. Oh, and the ball definitely did not cross the goal line when it came down, and if at all, maybe 18 inches off the ground, but that was impossible to judge.

The refs didn't let them play -- those calls against Jackson for OPI and Hasselbeck for cutting -- they were being stiffly sticklers on those plays.

Stevens cost them more than they'll know. He's got skills, but not polished. A little too soft headed today. Wrong day to be that way.

Seattle offense should have found a way despite the calls. In the end, it's their own fault.

Good for Jerome and Cowher. I'm glad for them. But definitely not an unbeatable Steelers team today. Quite a different team than the past ones that took the trophy, but it's also good they have their own identity. Congratulations.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IMO Hawks definitely got ripped on some close calls and some that weren't.

Close:
    1. PI that in the end zone was close but he did push off right in front of ref.

Not close:
    1. Out pattern in at pylon in the 1st quarter called OB. From all the replays I saw his right foot was in bounds and the ball crossed the goal line. (couldn't see on angles if ball was OB.

2. The seam/post route to the Pitt 2 was called back for holding. Total BS.
    3. The called on Hasselback PF for "hitting below the waste". Total BS.

I though Ben got the nose of the ball across the front of the paint. That's a TD. It was a dull game and the commercials sucked. Only about 1 out of 3 even made an attempt at humor.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Ward

and the Zebras

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hmmmm,..... not to disagree with you Kaz ... but

the OFfensive Interference on Jackson was crap. pure tickling
    I'm not entirely convinced Ben got in either on that sneak

do the math

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i dunno,.... but I just started teaching my 5 year old daughter how to play guitar. I've taught her how to play 1 chord and to strum the strings smoothly and she can already outplay Ron Woods, and isn't far behind Richards

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That was the most uninteresting super bowl since '01. Terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar