Suh's cheap kick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I'm probably going to regret responding to this post, but consider this. If I walk into a store with a loaded gun wave it in the air and walk out. I would definitely get reported to the authorities and arrested regardless of whether or not anyone actually "got hurt".

My point in this isn't saying that the two are any where near equal, but I am saying that looking at it as that no one got hurt is a horrible way to look at it. A perspective that wouldn't hold up in any court of law.

Based on your logic we should be able to agree that Adam "Make-It-Rain" Pac-Man Jones should have never got suspended because he never got a single conviction against him while at TN. If the new rule is simply avoiding jail time is no longer enough to escape a NFL suspension then it should also be applied when considering a suspension regardless of whether a player got hurt or not.

The worst part of this isn't the fact that he got stomped (and it was a stomp regardless of how you try and cover it up) but that it was caught on camera during a Traditional/Prime Time game. The Thanksgiving games are typically benefit from very high TV ratings. Not to get all high and mighty because I'm not, but what kind of message are you sending children and other athletes aspiring to play this game? That's it's okay as a long as no one got hurt? So I guess it's okay for Big Ben to do what he does to because no one officially got Raped right? That argument can be a very deadly one if you really stop and think about what your actually saying is ok! I think the NFL was WAY to lenient with this suspension. In fact it's actually very inconsistent with past issues if you ask me. This is the same league who suspended Big Al for 5 weeks for stomping someone (okay so his victim got hurt), but this is also the same League that banned MTV from ever facilitating the half time show during the Superbowl again (One of the greatest I've ever seen) because Janet Jackson showed her Boobies! Where is the justice in that?

I don't mind players having a mean streak in them. I can't think of any fan who wouldn't. I'm one of the people who feel that the league is going too far with all these rules to protect WRs and QBs. So yea, I love seeing players getting "blown up" on plays. However, keep it clean and in between the whistle. The game is already violent enough it's no reason in my opinion to increase the risk outside legal play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's not even close to the same thing. What Suh did wasn't premeditated.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why use a bad analogy?

What would happen if you got frustrated and kicked at someone in public?

Oh... nothing.

And another bad analogy with Big Ben? No one got hurt there?... uhh... rape typically hurts physically and mentally.

Players get less punishment for slamming their helmet into a defenseless player or for punching someone than Suh did for kicking AT someone. It didnt even hit the guy...

Todays sports fans and society in general are such softies, I swear.

And injury ALWAYS plays a bigger factor. In everything. Oh no the poor 300lb lineman almost got stomped on with no weight behind a foot. Terrifying!

4. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I don't know where you live at, but where I'm from in the heart of North Philadelphia if you punch, kick, or attack anyone whether it be in public or private you can get arrested.

It's called ASSAULT. The fact that people rarely do is generally because the party getting assaulted usually opt to not press charges.

But trust me when I tell you; if you lay hands on someone you can get arrested. Just because it rarely happens doesn't mean that it can't. I've seen it happen with my own eyes countless times. Hell almost happened to me a few times (didn't grow up in the best of areas so I fought a lot unfortunately). So eh yeah...

I Agree with you on your rape victim comment. The victim does get hurt that was a dumb analogy (I'll admit it myself). However, looking back on my post again I never said he actually raped anyone. What we clearly know was that he was harassing women. In building upon your logic of no one got hurt so it's okay. In cases similar to Big Ben regarding harassment, harassment often leads to rape and that's certainly not okay. In any case, I seemed to have failed at communicating that to you because you clearly didn't get it.

Moving on...I actually do know of a guy who actually did walk into a store with a gun out, didn't rob the store or anything and got 5 YEARS. Guess what didn't come up during his trial? Whether or not anyone got hurt. The idea is to stop the behavior before someone gets hurt not wait until some actually does.

It's like two children playing with a rubber band and parents saying stop before you poke someone eye out. Notice the theme here? Stop BEFORE you poke someone eye out not wait until it happens and say wow, I guess I should've taken away that rubber band. LOL

Now that analogy I think does work with this situation.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

DW is a Lions fan. He would approve of Suh using a club against GB

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Bynum's only intention was to hurt Barea on that play, 80's or not, I honestly hope you're not actually defending him for that.

But I do agree people overreacted to it.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

if the Lakers take him back then you know why he is on the team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar