Stopping Michael Turner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This Sunday we take on Michael Turner and the Atlanta Falcons (5-4). Turner and the Falcons rushing attack is averaging 121-yards a game this year, and in past games the Titans have had major issues stopping bigger RB's. With Ruud returning to the lineup, I fear Turner will rock our world giving us our 5th lose of the year, and knocking us out of the AFC South race.

Sunday will also be my birthday :D, so we better win!

2. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Is Ruud definitely back? I'm sure McCarthy will still get a decent amount of snaps, especially on the running downs.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tony Gonzalez is the only reason Ruud will start, but then Turner will wreck him probably sending him off to the sidelines for medical attention to his shoulder.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think Ruud's status is certain at this point. If he's not 100% back from a groin injury, he's going to be a liability.

I fear Gonzo more than Turner in this game. The guy is still very productive—especially in the red zone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Julio, White, Gonzo, Turner, jeez....this one could get ugly..

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Julio may not play this week, due to his hamstring.

I actually don't fear Turner this week. There are certain RBs we have success on, and I think we will hold Turner in check.

Being that I live in Atlanta, I watch a lot of their games when the Titans aren't playing or during commercials and I will tell you that we have a big chance to win this game. The Falcons are just too predictable and our defense should adjust very well. I think we will put a lot of PRESSURE on Matt Ryan.

The player to worry about is Tony Gonzo. He should have a field day against our LBs. But, if they play the dink and dunk game, that will be to our advantage IMO.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is gonna be a big game for both teams. We definitely need to be able to handle our business and contain the running game but we also need to make sure we don't let them pick on our weak safeties with the deep ball. Gonzalez is and has always been the best in the business from the TE spot and we have to be sure to keep a close eye on him.

I hope that the big win over Carolina boosted some confidence into our guys and they play like the team we know they can be. If we can continue to get a boost from our special teams and get some turnovers I really like our chances.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Julio Jones not playing could be the worst thing to happen to the Titans. When Jones is in the lineup the Falcons try to turn their offense into the Matt Ryan Show instead of doing what they're built to do; feed the ball to Michael Turner 25 times a game.

Expect a lot of Turner this week.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Getting to Matt Ryan seems to be the key, hopefully someone on our D-Line can step up and cause havoc

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Turner is bigger than all of our DLine, please take the ball out of his hands! I can see Matt Ryan dink and dunking us all day because of cushion:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar