"Still want to fire Jeff Fisher, Titans fans?" - Peter King

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Crazy that it's true. And Brad Johnson was 7 years ago.

43: Roeth
    42: E.Manning
    41: P.Manning
    40: Roeth
    39: Brady
    38: Brady
    37: B.Johnson
    36: Brady
    35: T.Dilfer
    34: K.Warner
    33: J.Elway
    32: J.Elway
    31: B.Favre

As for the original post, yes I want to fire Fisher and probably more than before. But I'm starting to believe he will still be here mainly because I don't see Bud wanting to buyout his contract.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If fisher was left alone to do his thing, we would be 0-8. Remember, fisher's hands were "tied" when he had to tell KC to get on the bench and let Vince play. I guess these 2 wins, his hands were "tied". I guess starting Kerry Collins makes him feel like a winner.

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

This sums up my feelings on the last 10 seasons exactly

4. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

The Bud fire the Fish?

No way. How much does he still owe him, like 14 big ones?

He don't just give away his money like dat!

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

:irked:
    The fact that Bud heavily implied to Fisher that he wants Vince to start...that alone makes your statement bunk.

6. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Come now, there was no way we were beating Indy or NE in weeks 5 and 6 with the heavily depleted secondary no matter who was playing QB.

7. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

I'm still more than ok with the idea of Fisher not being back next year. It's not like he's won a postseason game since the last time I wanted him fired.

8. iQon

iQon Starter

smh @ Peter King. There isn't a real Titans fan that doesn't love and respect Fish for what he's done. What isn't acceptable is 2 playoff wins since the SB? Imagine if the Music City Miracle didn't occur.

Jeff Fisher can not and will not ever "get it done" when it counts. It hurts, but it's true. Rumblings of a QB change started after the Jets loss. It was obvious we weren't the same team. Winning 2 straight doesn't make you a genius. Listening to your OWNER threatening your job, does. Fish is too stubborn. We can use change if the right breed is willing to return our calls in the offseason.

9. Titans Reign

Titans Reign Camp Fodder

Who's to say our secondary would have been depleted in those games? "If you change any part of an equation, the results change dramatically and unpredictably."

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

While I agree a change is probably necessary at this point I will remind folks that this team is potentially one Crumpler fumble from being SB champs as recently as last season. call that a stretch is you want but that's what I believe.
    Add to that the resilience that this small market team has shown in quickly turning around it's down-cycles over the years. It's a remarkably quick compared to teams in similar markets.
    Fisher played a major role in this.
    Do we automatically assume his replacement would be an instant Mike Tomlin?
    Odds are against it.
    Be careful what you wish for. You may get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar