Still not sold on Vince Young????

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sta-Chisle, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

True, Young does have as much bust potential as he does upside. So do Bush and Leinhart if you ask me. They, too, have the potential to bust as well as any player in the top 10 or first round, second, third, etc.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think about any player taken that high could be a bust if they're thrown in the wrong situation. I mean seriously, how good would Rothlessburger have been if he had gone to the Cardinals or Texans or, on the other hand, how good could David Carr have been had he gone to a loaded Steeler team like Big Ben did... One thing is for sure, if we get Vince he probably won't see much pt outside of pre-season. I don't even think he'll be the back-up. He'll have a lot better chance of being successful by sitting out a year or so than a guy that's just throw in the fire.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Nicely put

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

He would only sit out this year, and I dont think he would sit it all out. I dont see us as a playoff team next year, so I think he would get his PT toward the second half of the season. Get him ready for a playoff run in 2007.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did the Bengals play Palmer when they were not going to make the playoffs the year he sat?

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Nope. He didn't even see the field his first season.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The issue with McNair is he will probally not make it through a season without missing some time. If the rookie is the #2 he might have to play.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

which is probably better for him. let him learn on the sidelines, go in for a game or two, then sit on the sidelines again to see what he did wrong and see what he did right.

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

if he's a guy you can't pass up, why would the saints pass him up. You have to question why Leinart is still #1 on most draft boards.

Right now, I'd prefer Omar Jacobs, who is a similar player but a more accomplished passer, who at the later stages in the draft has ALL the upside but none of the bust potential. That is perfect IMO.

10. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Granted he put up better numbers but he has suspect passing mechanics too doesn't he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar