Still not sold on Vince Young????

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sta-Chisle, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

carson palmer tore his acl standing in the pocket. troy aikman had to retire because he got a serious amount of concusions, as did steve young.

vince young has never missed a game due to injury in his career.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

because if you've ever watched a vandy game you would realize how bad they suck year in and out. vince's 4th string wideout with athletes foot and a pulled hammy would be better than cutlers 1st string.

titans 2008.."2. Can he make the throws ? (the jury is still out, but he has impressive zip. You don't see Texas throwing many deep balls though)"

how many quarterbacks trying to get into the league would be drafted if this was one of the first things said when describing them.
    he has no zip... even the 8-10 yard curls look like he underhand tosses them.

after all that, i'm not against the guy. he has more talent at the posistion than anyone i've ever seen. he could be great... but do you want to spend the 3rd pick in the draft on someone who has to use shotgun because he cant read defense and he has a 'slight' flaw of not being able to throw the ball well? too big of a risk if you ask me.

bet we draft him if he's there though

3. Sta-Chisle

Sta-Chisle Guest

I agree. I wouldn't be mad if we took him, it just makes me nervous that's all.

4. Fry

that's what the ravens said about kyle boller.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

How does using the shotgun (which Texas was using before Young anyways iirc) equate to not being able to read defenses ?

You say he doesn't display zip... I say that he threw the ball with touch. He wasn't trying to impress scouts. He was trying to win a football game. That's the kind of player I want.

The ball was fast enough that USC couldn't get near it. And believe me, as bad as you think that USC defense was, it will turn out 7 or 8 NFL players with 1-3 first rounders.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I believe they said that Tom Brady didn't throw with enough "zip" also, even though he put up great numbers at Michigan.

7. paraconspiracy

just because you can see the field easier... he couldnt read it in the first place, his coach almost sat him mid season because he was struggling reading defense. granted, the kid runs like a gazelle... but that doesnt always fly in the NFL. i'd rather have a pass first kind of guy that runs when he HAS to than the other way around. saves injuries to the qb. ask steve if he wishes he had stayed in the pocket more a few years back

8. Fry

mcnair ran mostly shotgun in college, as did leftwich.

9. Sta-Chisle

Sta-Chisle Guest

I just looked at the Vince Young Highlight tape from TitanJeff and I think I may have been wrong. Young has more arm and pocket skills than I thought. I'm cool if we draft him. I think i'd prefer him after the highlight tape. You might want to check it out.

10. paraconspiracy

mcnair also set numreous passing and all-purpose records.

he might be great in the pro's... just too risky the 3rd draft pick when floyd and jeff's jobs may be on the line.

you say potato...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar