Still not sold on mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wycheck28, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Oh come on, soft? I don't think so. Fitz was 4 ply toilet paper soft as is Sam Bradford. MM8 hamstring is not a result of a hit or being soft.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

part of being tough and durable is the ability to play through injuries.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

Nobody is playing through a broken fibula, I don't care how tough they are. I'm pretty sure even McNair would've missed a week or two. And Mariota hasn't been ruled out this week yet so he probably will play through injury if coaches will allow it.

What most seem to be forgetting with Mariota is he's still only 23, go look at Brady, Rodgers etc. numbers, they didn't become great util 25 or so. So all the haters check back in two years, I'm willing to bet he will a top 5 qb in the league by that time. Also as he ages he'll learn how to better avoid injury's.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I hope he is a top 3 QB by then, considering he'll probably be getting paid $37.6 million a year..

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

So Stafford has proven himself not to be injury prone. Mariota will have the opportunity. Until then, he's injury prone.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

If my eye test holds true, from the practice interviews I heard this week from Mularkey, I think he will let MM8 make a decision wether he feels good enough to start

7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

that makes no sense. thats like saying because a QB threw a couple picks he's a turnover machine until he never throws a pick again. when in reality everyone throws picks [everyone eventually deals with injuries]

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

Exactly. It's all about expectations.

Is there a case for Mariota playing 16 games? Has he done it before? Since 2015 the Texans have played the Titans 6 times. Mariota has played in 1.5 of them. Chances are he won't play on Dec 3rd

9. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

If he can play, he needs to play. The team has very little room for error in its pursuit to make the playoffs. Being conservative with him when maybe he could have, would have, should have played isn’t helping the team cause in its pursuit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

If he plays this week he could aggravate that hammy & be out for a month.

• Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar