Still dont believe were tanking?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

If you can honestly say we were trying to win that game last night you are naive. CBJ marches the team down the field easily on the first drive. Then quick 3 and out by the Jags. Next 4-5 drives we do absolutely nothing, while Jags suck and dont do much either. As soon as the Jags go up 2 scores we march right down the field again. No doubt in my mind we were trying to lose that game, and you know what...I ain't even mad.

It's about time we stop winning these meaningless games and go for that top pick. My confidence in Whiz is restored.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

If you think Whiz is losing on purpose consider yourself trolled.

He is really that bad.

• Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five x 1
    • LOL x 1
    • Cheers x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He can't be this bad, its not possible for an NFL coach not to know all the stuff even us fans know. He's even used the white uniforms to tip the fans he's waving his white flag on the 2014 season. Losing is part of rebuilding, gotta stock up on those draft picks somehow.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I say this to everyone who tells me they think we are tanking: Convince me by telling me what the motive is? Is it Mariota? Winston? The hopes of cashing in a top pick for a kings ransom like STL did a few years ago with Washington in the RG3 trade? What or who is worth an entire season of losing? If there is a compelling/legitimate excuse prove it to me and I will listen. But until someone offers a good explanation, I just tend to believe we're that bad all around.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I was the strongest supporter of tanking earlier this season but I don't really believe the Titans are actually doing it. They are just that bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It would be less embarrassing if they were tanking. Either way, the result is the same. Who cares?
    Guaranteed top 2-3 pick. I'll take that small silver lining over being 3-13 or 4-12.

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Whiz's biggest problem in Ari is that once Warner left he couldn't find a qb. I think even if there is no surefire qb in this draft, he has to take a shot at the top rated one. There really is no where else you are going to find a long term pro bowl caliber qb. Even though Mariota or Winston aren't guaranteed to pan out, he has to take his shot now in the hopes he finds the right guy.

I don't think he came into the season looking to tank, but after Locker got hurt yet again (also didn't play very well) I think he decided this team was going nowhere and decided to start the tank.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I used to think that too but its a fallacy.

He pulled the same crap in Arizona with the RB's that he's done here. Made bizarre choices as to who to play on a week to week basis. He never adjusts his play calling to suit his QB. The QB carousel in Arizona had a lot to do with guys getting killed behind a terrible O-line with Whsenhuntz calling the same plays regardless.

Sound familiar?

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Here's the deal. You keep drafting a QB every year until you find a franchise QB. I don't care if you have to spend your first round draft pick 7 years in a row on a QB. Until you find that QB you won't have continued success in this league.

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. netnut

netnut Starter

If they think Mett will do, then lose out. Trade back with some team that really wants a QB. Maybe 2nd & 3rd this year and their 1 & 3rd next year;-))) Build the TEAM!!Is there a great QB in 2016??? Need to beat BUCK oops Luck;-))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar