Stewart Signs One-Year Tender Offer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: David Stewart had signed his one-year tender offer worth $2.017 million this season. The Titans are hopeful in working out a long-term deal with the third-year offensive tackle. Last month, the Titans signed left tackle Michael Roos to a 6-year, $43 million contract extension. "They now have him under contract for another year, and after that he’d become a free agent," said agent Bus Cook. "We’ll keep talking, and we’ll see what free agency holds if we don’t get it worked out. The Titans selected Stewart in the fourth round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He played in college at Mississippi State.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

3. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

1 more to go...

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Another player with Bus Cook as an agent...

I'm not sure that bodes well.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

well, its a start

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

A nice 6 year contract worth around 35-40 million would be nice

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

How much is a right tackle worth and how easy can we replace him? I think he is gone after this year.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Last month, the Titans signed left tackle Michael Roos to a 6-year, $43 million contract extension."

no way he gets anything close to that.

i'd think something like 6 years $30 million would make him one of the highest paid RTs in the league, i don't think he's that great, but it would be nice not having to replace him.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Probaly no where close to Roos on a salary basis. Stewart is still good though and right up their in the top 15 at his position.

10. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

yea i can see stewart getting something like 6 yrs 30 mil, i mean i dont think they are gonna let him walk you heard it from MR, hes gonna use the cap to lock up our big boys on both lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar