Stewart injured? Surgery!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chem, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He could play without the scope but getting it "cleaned out" now will reduce/prevent inflammation that would occur with strenous use after each game during the season. He can maintain conditioning regiment immediately after the procedure.

The real concern would be no post-surgical complications like an infection. I hope he keeps follows his post-op wound instructions.

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Sounds like its actually a good thing to get it done and out of the way. I would hate too miss that attitude for any length of the "regular" season.

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I somehow doubt missing two preseason games is going to be really detrimental to Stewart, especially considering he only plays for a couple series and then is riding the bench for the rest of the game. I'd rather he miss the entire preseason than risk missing any time when it matters.

4. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

This kind of procedure is simple and the time missed will be minimal unless there is an infection like someone posted earlier. It has to be just a slight tear. They will open him up with three minor holes. One for fluid to be sprayed in the joint, one for a light, and that last one for the laser. They will zap the small piece of cartilage and be done in less than a half an hour.

Since Fisher said he could be back before the regular season tells me it is just a little minor tear and the healing time will be short. This will keep him from having that nagging pain for the entire season.

Our O-line is dominating and will lead us to the playoffs where Vince will give us our first super bowl championship. Like we say here in Baltimore, BELIEVE!

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's not serious, but I don't like it. Rather have them get it out of the way now though. Even if he misses Jacksonville, we can take it if he's 100% for the rest of the season.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Loper played well yesterday and we will be fine.

I thought loper would be the one to win that open guard spot but the coaches were right to have him focus on playing OT and being our third tackle. He is a valuable guy to have when one of those guys goes down.

Loper another guy who needs a contract but probably wants to start some place else.

7. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

I thought the O-line looked like crap during the first couple series.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Nah. The Raiders were bringing the blitz, and we didn't put any hot routes on the WRs. That's why VY kept getting hammered.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right. They knew the Titans were going to pass and they blitzed most of those early plays. On the Young sack, he didn't have a hot read on the play.

10. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

wow you almost forced me to cry, i was so scared when i saw surgery and i automatically started thinking, oh god this is the titans luck. injury overall though does not sound like its something to loose sleep over, just a preventative surgery to prevent things in the future. best to do it now rather then in week 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar