Steve Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

oh. yeah. that's complete bull****. He met with the Bucs, Seahawks and Bills before signing with the Titans.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Met with, but apparently didn't get any offers. This is why we got him for peanuts.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No, the White Sox got Griffey Jr for peanuts. The Titans were able to sign a starting TE below the usual value.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I think the going rate for a multiple PB TE is close to 2x what we paid. I call that peanuts, but I suppose it is quite a bit above the vet min.

Either way, we appear to have bought into a very nice deal if camp is any indication.

:logo:

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

AHA !!!!
    but which of those teams offered him deals ?

I didn't say noone else showed interest
    I said noone really wanted him ..... which is NOT completely untrue as Gunny alludes

hell, the Titans didn't really want him. if we had, we'd had offered him better money sooner

teams were concerned about his knees - that's why noone offered him more than the 2year/ $5.25million deal we gave him

hell, the Falcons gave Ben Hartsock a 4year $9million deal
    (twice the deal that Crumpler got - for comparison)

10 teams showed interest and all he got out of it was a little more than the vet minimum ....... I wouldn't call that as anyone really wanting him

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

The only player I would trade for right now is Anquan Boldin. We have the money to accomodate him with a great contract. I would trade our 1st round pick for Boldin...

Anquan Boldin
    Justin McCariens
    Justin Gage
    Brandon Jones
    Biren Ealy
    LaVelle Hawkins

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He was close to signing with the Seahawks.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'd like to make sure VY can become a good passer before we invest a ton a money to a WR who can barely get 1,000 yards and 7 tds. If he can become a better passer I'm all for a Boldin, Houshmanzadeh, Williams, etc.

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar