Steve Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

kinda agree
    as long as he runs his routes and catches the ball ,I could care less who he swings at ... as a matter of fact, I could line up a few hoopleheads for him to practice on

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

are you saying that none of our players have ever swung at a teammate?
    how 'bout a guy who stomped on the unprotected head of an opponent who we're now looking to offer on of the richest contracts in league history ?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Who cares if he punched his teammate? Haynesworth has punched/kicked/chased many teammates.
    He's Steve Smith, and 5x's better than anyone we've got.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Exactly. But we wont get him, nor will we get Fitzgerald or Williams, because when it comes to picking up free agents, the Titans just don't. We got Alge this year, but it seems like every year I'm just sitting around waiting for the Titans to make some kind of big time move and it just doesn't happen. Alge is the exception, and for once I've got a new free agent pickup on the team to be legitimately excited about

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think MR saved up some cap space for this off-season. Lots of very good players.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Tell me what big name player you wanted. If just want to see money fly, PacMan Jones can be found at any strip club in the Dallas area.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we got Alge because noone really him

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

ok smart guy. :rolleyes:

I remember all too well Vince Young blowing up Nickey. If I recall VY did what he did because he didn't like the hit on his team mate. Vince was stupid for risking injury to his hand for that. Anyways, this Steve Smith business is different. This wasn't a heat of the moment kind of thing. When I read the article this morning it had the feeling like they were having their Gatorade and a fight broke out over trash talk. Fine. Whatever. :eek:

If you're the Panthers you handle the situation. You don't deal Smith. You don't cut him. Send him home and when he gets back, sit 'em. Fine. They are going to do what they have to do to get their marquee player in line. They know this guy doesn't really need camp. He doesn't have to prove anything. He's freakin' Steve Smith. Now you want to bring the Haynesworth incident into the picture? Please. He's the linchpin of the defense. By the way, Andre Gurode's head was protected. The first stomp took the helmet off. He peeled it back like a jumbo shrimp. :yes:

All I am saying is that there is no way Reinfeldt imports trouble. If he did where the hell are Chris Henry and Odell Thurman? Why aren't they suited up in two-tone blue? What I mean with my remark is that a guy that punches out team mates is not a guy that Reinfeldt trades for. Scaife + draft picks for Steve Smith is about as appealing to Reinfeldt as a semen milkshake. :hmm: uhh... bad analogy. He might like that. Let me rephrase... Maybe Jerry Jones in Big D. Not Tennessee. Not after Pacman.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think he's saying we got Alge because no one wanted him, which is completely untrue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar