Steve Smith vs Nick Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

my fantasy team record is a strong testament to that.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Couldnt be any more wrong/further from the truth, but OK.

How can you get worse when your weakest link is gone? How?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We haven't been lit up yet. I think Harper is working well with our defensive front. Teams don't even have the opp to go deep on him. Maybe once, maybe twice, but not much more. So he really hasn't been a problem for us yet. He's been a plus.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

tell that to sage rosenfels.

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah ..... I agree with Phi. We are doing good with him but we have been far from from great like our front four. Jones would/will be an upgrade over him but Harper is doing fine. I would have no problem if Pac didn't make it back but would PREFER it.

6. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Although, Steve Smith is perhaps known for YAC yards more than anything and Harper can tackle at least. Let's just hope Smith doesn't have time to get past him, because his suckage in coverage is becoming pretty apparent.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You don't have to be "lit up" necessarily. Harper has been THE guy to give up entire game winning drives. Look at the Texans game and the Buccaneers game. In both of those games almost every pass was to the man he was "defending" (chasing).
    As the season goes on, more teams will target him. He is our slightly better version of Reynaldo Hill.

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The thread makes the assumption that Smith will be lined up on Harper's side all day, which is highly unlikely. Smith usually lines up on the left (defense's right side) so Finnegan will be on him most of the day.

Smith will occasionally line up on the right (remember the bomb from Testaverde against the Cardinals?), sometimes he'll go in motion and he'll even run a reverse every now and then. Most of the time, though, he'll be split left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar