Steve McNair is shaking his head...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Abe Froman, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Let's not deny the fact that opening his new steakhouse in Austin is more important to Vince than this football team.

2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

It wouldn't have mattered if VY started or not. To me this was a perfect side by side comparison and a chance for him to step in and lead his team to victory...he couldn't do it! It was a tied game at the half and in fact the game got worse in that second half once he came in...not better! The dolphins began to run away with the game as soon as "Mr. Wonderful" fumbled the snap (again!! Isn't this how he got hurt in the first place!!!!) on the 13 yard line and when the defense couldn't stop them the game was pretty much over from that point on.

When Vick got his chance to come into a game that the Eagles we're losing he took control of the offense, added life to the game and almost pulled a win out of the hat for his team. There was no question that had Vick stared that game they would have one. To argue that "If VY would have started we would have one" yesterday is stupid. He had his chance, the game was even and if you ask me he is a big reason we lost yesterday. I keep saying this over and over..a team needs a Qb that can pick his team up on his shoulders and rally them to victory when the chips are down...like Mc Nair used to do! Young is not that guy!! Period! He couldn't even rally the troops to a win when he walked into a tie game after the half.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it was also reported on Fox Sports. I saw where a reporter asked Young about that and you could tell it touched a nerve. Might be more to it than we know. :brow:

4. DJB

DJB Starter

Here are my thoughts on the past couple of weeks. I don't Vince Youngs desire to play or not mattered to Fisher. I think Fisher is always looking for an excuse to play Collins. Who knows...maybe Moss told Fisher he'd rather play with Collins because he'd played with him before and Fisher obliged.

I'm assuming the steakhouse deal was planned far in advance and planned to open during the bye-week. Young had no way of knowing he'd have an injury at that time or the Titans would pick up Randy Moss (which really doesn't matter, it wasn't like the Titans were practicing while Vince Young steakhouse was opening) It looked as though Young wasn't as injured as the staff and/or media made it seem. Maybe Young didn't feel he needed to stay back and re-hab.

There are reports of teammates looking down on Young for the injury? He came back to soon from it vs San Diego and said he was ready to start yesterday. He looked fine to me so why would he need to stay back and re-hab something that didn't need it?

Or maybe he's just a lazy bum because where thers smoke theres fire. Collins looked more hurt than Young. His commitment levels seem to be low

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

fixed that for ya.

6. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

Remember the game against the Jest where McNair cost us the game?

7. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

My thread is looking more and more like truth than gossip.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What makes you say that?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Nope.

10. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

How unfair...and just downright ridiculous.

All players make plans during bye weeks. That's why you see many of them at their respective college's games. ALL players do that. He probably specifically scheduled that opening during his bye. Perhaps he should have canceled and told all those who depend on a job at this place that he can't make it because the Titan Whiners might cry about it?

Get real. It's pathetic how much some of you sound like Cowboys fans. Ugh

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar