Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

honestly, i know this situation will keep going on for some time, but i just wish it would hurry up and resolve itself so we can all just move on with our lives, whether it be with steve as our QB or not.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Do you see any way a scenario plays that extends his contract long term if the pay demands were most modest. Call it the Super Bowl run package deal, like the one I am trying to describe. Nashville can bring him untold millions. What's the deal with that?

Tell me why the Titans have made it clear. Why don't they want anything longterm? Is because it will take too much money to deal Steve? Screw Baltimore. Steve should look at the Baltimore uniform as the uniform that took his Super Bowl away. Ironic that Baltimore after all these years is still without a qb and now they think Steve is their godsend. Steve should get some money working for him, maybe get his picture taken for a cereal box...

There are ways to get where Stevie goes.:crazy:

3. No, because the Titans won't keep him around as a starter past this year and he knows it.

Check your avatar and signature for the answer. Two words: Vince Young. He's the QB by next year at the latest. The Titans are not going to stay tied to McNair fincially past 2006.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]
    I don't want
    Steve to go!

Give me
    Steve McNair!!!

Daddy... the Ratbirds are taking
    MY STEVE MCNAIR!

Give me Steve! NOW!

(somewhere in west Nashville Pacman begins to hum...):winker:

5. SteveH

SteveH Starter

I want what's best for the team - it's just a downer this can't all be sorted out so much better..
    This is the QB that got our franchise back on its feet - with help from Eddie, et al - and you get all this at end.. one side saying one thing, a lockout, fans saying kiss my butt !
    Is this sort of thing going to happen all the time now? A messy end every time a franchise player gets to the last year of their contract?
    Surely soon, players won't renegotiate early - and backload future pay - for the good of the team, if that team is then going to forget that down the line, and want to squeeze every thing they can out of him..
    I don't want McNair to go sooner than he has to, I definitely don't want him to go to the Ravens..but jeez I wish it could be handled better

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I have got to get mad at someone here!

Well it makes me mad as hell and if Steve wants to go put on a Ratbird uni, to heck with him. Let him go be more sloppy seconds kicked down Baltimores' way. Don't want to speak ill of Bud, don't want shread Fisher or Reese. Can I blame the Ratbirds for needing a qb? Can I blame Steve. Yes. Can I blame Bus. Yes. Can I blame Reese? You bet I can. I'm mad. :hot:

The difference is Reese, Fisher, and yes, Bud are all a part of this picture. Seems Steve is not part of the picture. Except when we gameplan for him. So, if I am going to carry a chip on the shoulder at the idea of mentor being a total hoax for moron kool-aid drinkers... Once this goes through you had better bet your pony owned arses Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

What would it take for any of you to wear a fresh McNair Ravens jersey to a home game? A free jersey? One scotch, one bourbon, and one beer? $50? $100? Could you turn down $250? You have got to wear it the whole game too. Anyone just couldn't? A RAVENS JERSEY AT YOUR HOME GAME!!! MCNAIR ON THE BACK...? Steve McNair can kiss my butt. Say it with me. It's quite liberating really. The more I say it the less mad I am about it.

I'm still mad.

7. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I think Mcnair DOES deserve some of this negativity. By refusing to renegotiate, he is hamstinging the team. He knows there is NO WAY the Titans can be sadled with the $24 million cap number and be competitive this year. Yet he has refused to budge on the issue since the begining of the year. Hence he dosen't really CARE if we win as long as HE plays. The guy's a multi-millionare! This is about him! and there is no I in team.The FO bears some resposibility too. I'm not giving them a pass But the FO is staying with the team so I'll forgive them. Mac is begging to be released to go to the ANTI-TITANS (RATBIRDS) and for that I will boo his *** when he shows up at my house!

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Man, back in the 2001 SB, did anyone ever think that we would be booing McNair, Mason, and Rolle at the same time? As I was watching the games of 2002 and 2003 on the NFL Titans' day Friday, it almost brought a tear to my eye. In the early seasons of the Titans, we had seen the greatness of being the "winning team." This was new to me. In 2000, I was 16. I wasn't a football fan at all really... I knew the Oilers had changed to the Titans and stuff like that, but never watched any games. One night, I saw the Music City Miracle play as it came to be called. I watched the massive celebration afterwards and thought "wow, that play was exciting!" I then watched the rest of the playoff games and the SB. Until 2004, I didn't know how much it stunk to be a fan of a "losing team." Over the years, I have learned a lot more about the sport. I play Madden like crazy. I actually watched the draft this year and was hoping they would call Vince's name third (after I watched the Rose Bowl last fall). I know that alot of this sounds like a bunch of bull. However, I am saying all of this to make a point and to hopefully make everyone's eyes hurt :ha: After watching the great games and the bad ones, the fundamental problem with our team over the past 2 years was the defense. 2004 it was the injuries that forced mostly a rookie or otherwise inexperienced players to the front suddenly. Of course, there was the injuries on offense too. 2005 we had a healthy McNair, but still didn't have many wins. Why? Because our defense was still young or inexperienced for the most part. Having McNair back would be great, but having his $23 mil cap hit would not be good for the developement of the team. I would rather use McNair's money for some more experienced players on D... especially in the corner position. McNair is good, the team is good. Both had reasons for doing what they did. McNair's agent, however, has been the devil on Steve's shoulder in my opinion. So if there is anyone that we can collectively be mad at, it's Steve's agent! :grrr:

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

It is very sad... I too watched the NFL channel all day on friday and it reminded me of just how special Mcnair is/was and how much joy he brought to me with all the wins, comebacks excitment. Don't get me wrong when i say i'll boo him when he plays as a raven... When he comes back in a few years and retires as a Titan I'll stand and give him an ovation. All will be forgiven. But as long as he's a raven I'll Boo his ***!

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

you know what i mean, replace renegotiate by restructure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar