Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'd like to see him get a new contract... one that doesn't completely suck the life out of this team. One that can keep him around for three years at a friendly cap number... one where he is subject to lose his job as the starter... a deal like that would send Volek to market. Nope. Steve needs a real payday. I don't blame him... Me, like any good ball player... I'm developing a sense of amnesia for the situation. When I hear them announce McNair pregame and he runs out there... I'll cheer... but when he goes crashing into the turf... I'll jeer. I really don't give a jack about the way he made me feel in 2002 when it's 2006. Here's a picture that I think really helps sum up the situation....

[​IMG]

Here's a picture that demonstartes McNair and where he is at...

[​IMG]

Besides, I told McNair myself how I felt about all he has done for this team and then thanked him for the memories. I'm ready to move on. The rest of you should be as well. McNair wants that money, but it is too large of a sacrafice from a team perspective... whatever we can offer is not enough for Steve to want to wear two-tone blue... so he is selling out not just to another team but to one of our most hated rivals... fine. That is just the way things go. I can accept that. I hope Steve accepts that fans don't care about several years ago as much as they care about the here and now. That is what I am talking about... the future that is now. Steve McNair still has a chance to be a part of that future... unless he comes down off his price he will have to sell out to the highest bidder, just like he saw his buddy Eddie George do. That's just the way it is. It may be sad and pathetic but that has very little to do with me. Go where the money is Steve. Feed your family. Most people would do the same.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

And how's this relevant? Is anyone here getting paid millions to do a job?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

How in the hell does a smack thread get moved into the NFL talk forum?
    :lol3: I've seen NFL Talk forum threads be moved to smack...

this must be another Bipolar's forum firsts! :ha:

Seriously, I don't hate McNair for this...

but he can still kiss my butt. I'm sure if it wasn't about the money and it was about being on a Super Bowl winning team...

Steve McNair Ford-Lincoln-Mercury... four locations serving you in the Metro Nashville area...
    [​IMG]

Steve... you can kiss my butt.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

So, you're saying you have no loyality to him as a player,
    yet you expect him to be loyal to the team/fans?

Double standard...:suspect:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

You are splitting hairs. When he is talking about going off to Baltimore we are telling him not to let the door hit him in the butt on the way out. If he was here... got his contract tore up or redone, or whatever... I don't know... He should be thinking about how much money Nashville can bring him in the next 25 years... not how much Baltimore can bring him in the next three.

I said I'd cheer his name at introductions? What more do you want from me?
    Do I have to boo our defense next? :ravens:

No, I don't expect him to do anything apart from what he is doing. I can't even really be hard on it. I can tell him to kiss my butt because if he's the qb for the ravens... I am not a fan of the ravens...

I do know now who to root for when the Ravens and Steelers play twice a year, if that helps.

Steve can still kiss my butt.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I doubt Steve wants to stick around Nashville after he's done. His love is on the farm in Mississippi.
    If anyone saw the expose' on NFL Network Friday about Steve you might have a different feeling about Steve. It showed his beginings and his journey to the NFL.
    He bought the plantation his mother used to work at and gave it to her as a home.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

He doesn't want to stick around in Nashville right now, let alone after he is finished. Baltimore has zero shot of doing anything where they are at. Keep in mind, even T.O. at one point refused to go there. This might be a situation where Tennessee is better off in the long run anyways, considering all the real life finacial considerations. We can't keep the guy and he knows he's got us right where he needs us to score big one way or another. Reese, from what I can tell is not much of a blinker at all. Bye, bye Steve. That's some cold blodded $#!t, don't get me wrong, but I had always thought, through all of these years that Steve was that kind of simple guy, but he is business is business... face it. Steve isn't a "fan". Fans fork over the dough. My seats are bargain basement cheap and that pair is still about $800 a year. Steve is not going to "take money out of his pocket" to remain here, despite how many cash making engines of commerce he can buy up and pay others to run... all off his celebrity in a metropolis... no, no... Steve has got to go get his now... like any rational man.

oh yeah... he can kiss my butt.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I think you missed the point. :rolleyes:

It's got nothing to do with the dollars involved. It's all about the principle of the thing.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yes, this is one ugly business.
    Now, in my business, I have to live up to a contract...I can't wait until it's payday and then tell you to take less or go pound sand.
    I think a lot of the bloodletting last year was in anticipation of this day...after all that, Reese is STILL gonna reneg?
    Is X million too much for a player? Sure, when it's over 25% of the roster for one season, but it's back money owed.
    If you sign a contract to defer the payments for two years when you buy a car, you are obligated to pay that money when the two years is up...you can't just say I don't want the car any more, and I'm not paying.

Scratch that...it's not one ugly business--it isn't business at all.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Sounds like a car lease to me. It's not like we aren't going to pay from a cap point of view. There is still, what, a 12 million dollar hit without Steve?

It's not Steve's fault.
    He can still kiss my butt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar