Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

you know what i mean, replace restructure by paycut... LMAO

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

i've got a friend in seattle, who writes for the post-intelligence (not a sports writer tho), who tells me the seahawks only said they would try to match the offer just to save face. i don't really think they wanted to tie up $15 million on two offensive linemen

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why is this so hard for many to understand?

And it's pathetic to see how the Titans try to spin it.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Because being the "common folk" that we are, we think that someone who has had his pockets stuffed with guaranteed money by management and his *** kissed by the rest of the city for 10 years, would be willing to take a hometown discount and retire a hero.

We'll never learn.

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

:applause: :thumb:
    It has been reported both ways and yes, the media is sometimes wong. But oh, wait............Bus Cook must be right because we all know a sports agent would never lie! lol!

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

SHI7- Money, Money, Money........Moneeey, Moneeey

Bottom line is they want their money and they want it now. Can't blame them, however, if Steve were smart he'd realize he'd make more off Nashville's goodwill if he stayed. He's throwing that away.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What fantasy land do you live in? ;)

Think about it a sec. If McNair did what the Bus did (Jerome and not Cook), take the cut and say, "I'll give you all I have for '06 and help Vince as his backup in '07 then fade away", he'd be forever a hero around here. They might build a statue of him on the banks of the Cumberland.

I'd love it. I might rename my kid "Number 9".

But is that realistic? It's about both opportunity and reward. If the Titans had one or the other on their side, I'd give this a chance of happening.

I think the decade-long loyalty lovefest was pretty much out the window the day the team decided to lock the door on him.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

He lives next door to me in Woolfolkisashutdowncornerville, USA.

Decade long love fest?:ha:

Kiss my Butt Steve McNair.

btw- Riverman makes the best point.:greedy:

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Apparently it is for guaranteed Hall of Famers (Bettis), but not declining hangers-on looking to compile HOF-worthy stats (George).

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

bottom line is......mac wants to play 2-3 more years and make more money....the FO is only offering one @ the most and if it was multiple years the money would be spread out unlike the offer from balt plus the arrival of VY he'll start in 2007 almost guaranteed.....plain and simple....but hey you never something might get worked out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar