Steve Jobs R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple has passed at the age of 56.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do"
    - Steve Jobs

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Really hard thing to deal with for me. I have read a couple of biographies of his as well as some of the other titans of technology and home computers. An incredible man, there will never be anybody quite like him.

Such an incredible visionary he took over Apple with the stock at $10 and it is now $400.

He saw a world differently than most others and knew how to carry them out. He had an incredible aesthetic and was a marketing genius. So rare to find both in a businessman.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Party at DW's house this Friday!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Im a windows guy, but Steve was a genius.

[​IMG]

He is just rebooting to heaven.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

While almost everybody who study Microsoft history would tell you that they were never essential to anything Steve Jobs and Apple were essential to what was an entire cultural and business movement that liberated individual creativity and ideas.

Whatever your politics the computer revolution was a huge coup for the individual.

Not to act like a Gates hater he was a great businessman and opportunist but are we better off using microsoft products as opposed to others? Word vs Corel's products for example and couldn't we all live without explorer? I use firefox.

If Gary Kildall and his wife had any sense it would be their operating system in all PCs not Microsoft's.

Jobs was the real innovator and revolutionary.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh you...

I guess the soul wasn't enough- Satan came for his body too.

But really- being a student and employee in marketing... the guy was one of the best in the field of. Apple and companies like Under Armor amaze me. Inferior products/average products/... doesn't matter. They use every gimmick and aesthetic trick to sell things for far more than they're worth- and people flock to it.
    It's amazing. Apple basically climbed a ladder and dominated due to... packaging. Nothing else. And what this does is make other companies see just how important branding is. So for that- thanks to Steve Jobs.

And since all I work on are apple products now (blah- work/design) I can't hate too much.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Introducing the iDied.

RIP Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar