Stephon Gilmore

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by acqua7, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I agree with you to a degree. I like Mercilus at 20 only if the FO has faith that Shaun Smith plays up to his ability. All I want him to do is eat the run and push the pocket against the pass. Casey has the makings to be another W. Sapp. With a healthy DE rotation of D. Morgan, Wimbley, Mercilus, Hayes, and Ballsack, we can contend. If Smith shows any signs of laziness at OTAs, let him go (and marks). If that is the case, then I will go with a DT at 20.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So 40 time determines who you draft? Okay then.

3. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Id like to see us go Fletcher Cox at 20, then Alfanso Denard in the second. He has the same skill set as Gilmore, hard nose corner with pretty good ball skills and some good speed. We do need some depth at corner and you know what they say "you can never have too many corners"

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I really like Gilmore, I see him as the 2nd best corner in the draft. At the end of the day if the F.O. sees him as the BPA, and he's on the board at 20 then I would support the pick wholeheartedly. Look, we have many holes so it's not like were gonna get them all fixed with one draft. It will take us a couple of years to build back up through the draft so if it's a corner this year and a DE next, so be it.

I kinda have a feeling that Tommie Campbell may be groomed to play free safety, so we could really use another corner especially with Finny gone. Both McCourty and Verner are good, but they are not elite. With Pierre Garcon out of the division now, McCourty will be even better :). In this day and age of the NFL you need 3 good corners on the field on most plays so Gilmore would make a lot of sense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. wg53

wg53 Starter

None of the alabama dbs are impressive. They all benefitted from a great amount of pressure on QBs and will be drafted higher than their worth.

People like to call Verner slow or lacking top end speed only to suggest Kirkpatrick is worthy of a first rounder.

6. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Actually an argument can be made he is the #2 corner in this draft. Hes skilled, physical, and fast. He would be a good player for us. I would love the pick.

7. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Is McCourty capable of stopping a top 10 WR?

8. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Great point. Sad though.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

He does pretty well vs. everyone unless that someone has a "Garcon" on the back of his jersey, lol.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I get that its a passing league but corners can only do so much. If the QB has time he WILL find someone open with the way the rules are and the time given to any receivers. It's really impossible to cover someone forever.

Yes there are a few "True" shutdown corners and they do help but I place more value at the pass rush then corners. Just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar