Stephen Tulloch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 3, 2011.

?
  1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think you're the one smoking something. You asked me on 03-16-2011, 06:43 PM.
    His NT was hurt for most of 2010, and prior to 2010 he had little to no talent on his D-Line. I'd say Brian Urlacher is a true MLB. The scheme is better in Chicago, but mainly because there was no Chuck Cecil.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

so therefore he doesnt have anything to do with my point....he had a better scheme--and one injuried player??? and dont forget he has lance briggs too which is another solid top 10 linebacker too but urlacher isnt one that fits into my post....injuried d-line AND horrible scheme....

3. gran54

gran54 Starter

We should resign him, but not for a huge amount and I've been saying we need to draft a linebacker somewhat early in the draft (rounds 1-3) especially someone that can come in and play immediately.

4. BoJangles34

BoJangles34 Camp Fodder

We neeed to resign Tulloch. I can't imagine we could find anyone else better, so losing him could only hurt

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Tulloch was one of the bright spots on defense. Not great in coverage, but a cleanup guy against the run. It'll be interesting to see how Curran has developed. He has good speed and is a tackling machine too. I know he's short but I wonder how good he is in coverage.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have to disagree folks, Tulloch is nothing spectacular. Dude's like a garbage player in basketball, he racks up all those tackles but he doesn't do anything special to get em. He runs like Byron Leftwich and can't cover the pass to save his life. Sure he's all heart and never gives up but that's not gonna cut it.

I'd much rather plug WW at MLB and have McRath, Curran or Von Miller on the outside.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

What more does he need to do to get a tackle? It doesn't matter if he's knocking helmets off or getting a lot of interceptions, he's doing his job well as a middle linebacker. His tackling is solid. The games I saw he didn't miss many tackles.

8. JCBRAVE

He's not a difference maker, that's his issue. He just happens to be in the right place at the right time.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Hey Beast don't get me wrong, I actually like Tulloch but he's just not the answer. And him and his super agent are gonna use his tackling machine stats as leverage to get this man paid. And that's what makes me say h3!! to the no. He's gonna get some needy team to overpay and I don't want it to be us. I'd rather use that money on a guy like Von Miller or Barrett Ruud.

Thanks JC, you feel me. Dude is good maybe even real good but he's just not the guy.

10. JCBRAVE

But he is good enough to stay in TN for 2011. Limited options out there, none of which would be an upgrade. I do however hope he gets paid somewhere sometime. Tully is a cool guy who does nothing short of bust his butt all day everyday, thats a valuable quality you hope for in your MLB. If Tully does end up in another city, it'll be tough to watch, but not as tough as losing Eddie or Albert. He's expendable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar