Stephen Tulloch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 3, 2011.

?
  1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I was going to ^^^5 you but I am out so this will have to do :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That was me, glad that had a lasting impression.

3. JCBRAVE

Well we'll soon find out once the CBA is finalized. He could potentially be a RFA, which I'm sure he'd hate, but would at least give us an idea of what to expect.

4. wg53

wg53 Starter

This is absolutely correct.

The more time your defense is on the field the more opportunities you have to make a tackle.

How does his tackle amount compare vs the rest of the team? How many tackles were 15 or 20+ yards down the field.

Number of tackles does not make you good. Stats need context.

It is people like CJisdabeast,or wtfever his name is, and their ignorance that is so frustrating. He talks about others just following others or repeating whatever they have heard and then he says something about Tulloch's tackle numbers as if Tulloch was some kind of great MLB, he isn't. He's actually pretty average.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

tully is simple....good at the run--not so good against the pass but mlb arent support to be covering tight ends thats the olb job or the ss so you cant say thats why we shouldnt resign him....we got beat on pass because no lb can keep up with a tight end when our oline cant cover so its basic draft some d-line get the best qb to fit our needs- sign a vet qb to mentor-resign tully get rid of hope and our defense is upgraded a ton

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Tackles are a good thing if you are the MLB. Not sure what you mean by bad things happening. You hope the MLB is making tackles and not Ss or Cbs. Actually if we had big DTs who gobble up blocker Tully would have had more tackles.

7. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

While Tully isn't the best I still think he is above average. Our d was on the field for a long time(not just his fault) which gave him the opportunity to make more tackles, yes obviously. He did his job better than most others on the team and 2nd in the nfl in tackles is pretty darn good if you ask me. I would think he is more serviceable than the other available options.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That's your opinion. I think Tully is great against the run. He's not great in coverage but he's a middle linebacker.

Thanks for the shout out though. What makes you think Tully is average? Please do tell me how I'm ignorant.

And FYI...Tully's not chasin people down from behind, he's not that fast. wtf are you talkin about anyway lol

9. JCBRAVE

The bad things were allllll those 3rd & longs we gave up. Don't give those to the offense, and we're on defense a lot less, therefor less tackles can be accumulated.

I don't mind Tully being a liability in coverage or for allowing TE's to wreck our defense. That's not necessarily all on him. It's watching him run his @$$ off for 25-yards NOT to make the play. The majority of his tackles came from being there and waiting for the RB. He's slow. His midget legs don't get him there in time. McRath covered up a good bit of Tully's poor play. Even with all that said, I'll have him back for the right price. He's a top 10 MLB after these guys:
    P. Willis
    J. Beason
    R. Lewis
    B. Urlacher
    D. Harris
    B. Ruud
    L. Fletcher
    D. Ryans
    J. Vilma

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

First, since we don't have a cba we're working under, we don't know if he'll become an unrestricted free agent OR if he'll become a restricted free agent (hence the tender put on him).

Second, he's solid in coverage for a MLB...but MLB's aren't supposed to be covering TE's...especially the Dallas Clarks of the world (and people wonder why Cecil got fired?). Ideally, Tulloch is a 2 down LB unless we're going with a 3-3-5 nickel to change things up but then we'd be in a heavy zone.

I wouldn't break the bank for Tulloch, but we don't really have a replacement on the roster and there aren't too many good MLB's in the draft.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar