Stephen Tulloch waiting for deal with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If he REALLY wants to get paid, he signs his tender, and becomes the big-time Leader of the Defense now with KB and KVB gone. It's not about the weights, it's about doing the "Team" stuff and starting to work with a unit that will be without it's signal caller for the first time in 11 years(KB). If he did that, he would definitely warrant a long-term contract, and the FO would give it to him. But he's not gonna get half of what DeMeco got, he better get that through his head or we'll start looking for his replacement.......Rolando Mclain.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Well 2.5 isn't chicken feed but then again 2.5 mil a year for a solid vet starter isn't all that extreme either. So fans who say he hasn't proven himself as the leader of our LB group yet might be right but if he was another KB he would be getting 7 mil or more a year, Maybe 2.5 over 4 years (a 10 mil deal) with about 1/2 of that up front isn't so bad. Actually it is peanuts and I'm thinking he goes for it because taking the one year at a time approach has some risks.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think Tulloch is as good as he ever will be, nothing amazing and i dont think theres anymore up side to him. he seems to play safe, smart football. but we need a difference maker at LB, someone who brings a smash mouth attitude.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

wasn't this his first year as our starter?? Another thing is, the way our Defensive Philosophy dictates, is that the MLB is only on the field for what 40% of the plays? We're definitely not going to throw around a lot of money to someone who has to come off the field every 3rd play, as our track record has shown. But don't get me wrong, I really like Tully, I just wish he would sign his tender and let his agent go to work.

5. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

He is solid, but he's no game changer. I hope he comes back as I do KB because in all honesty I think our LB corps is where we're getting beat up.
    That being said, we picked up a cheap stud in Spoon, McGrath is still getting tossed around and we need Tully, but the team has the leverage here.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

unless he's one of the top two linebackers on the roster. when thornton went out tulloch was in the nickle package. it's not about what position you play, it's about getting the best guys on the field.

if tulloch is going to be wearing the helmet with headset he'll be on the field a lot more than 40% of the time.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Tulloch is by far our best run defending LB. He's aggressive, takes on blocks, SHEDS blockers, and tackles sideline to sideline. He wasn't much in coverage when he got here but he is solid now. Out of Thornton, Spoon, Tulloch, not sure who the 2 best cover guys are and I somehat suspect Thornton may not be here come opening day.

He's easily worth his tender. Question is, how much is he looking for for long term and what are the Titans thinking of paying him?

If he becomes the leader of the D, he'll get paid.

Gut

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titan way is to move this thing along slowly until after the draft. I can't see them not getting both Tulloch and Brown signed long-term when they can take the bulk of the hit this season.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Kerry Collins will keep the gatorade safe this season and get 5.5 million direct deposited into his checking account... And we can't give Tully 2.5!? Stephen Tulloch is a class act, a great community guy, and a heck of a football player. Pay the man what he deserves.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Da Titans don't do what's right, they do them and only them. Unless you're involved, they could care less about you. Tully not being in Nashville right now is NOT helping his case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar