Steelers Vs Ravens?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OhioTitan, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Who do we want to win? I'm not sure of all the tie breakers between us and both teams so who would help us out more by winning.

2. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I'm guessing we need the Ravens to win so that they and the Steelers would have the same record. If the Steelers win, they'd be 7-4 instead of 6-5 if they lose to the Ravens, who would have the same record as the Steelers if they win.

We need the Jags and Texans to really tank the rest of the season and hope that Pit and Bal lose a few more as well and we might sneak into the playoffs if we run the table.

Right now it's pretty obvious that the AFC west is going to have one of the wild card spots.

3. iQon

iQon Starter

As of now, we "need" the Steelers to lose. But we don't play Baltimore for some reason, so we need both to end up with more losses than us in the next couple of weeks.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I want the Colts to lose, they cant beat our 10-0 record last year.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

We kinda need them both to lose, but I would say we need the Ravens to lose more. Heres why:

Assuming we win out the rest of this year we would be 10-6 and 3-3 in the division, and 6-6 in the conference, with head to head losses to the Steelers, Jets, and Patriots (head to head games within the division don't count because we would split the series with all of them assuming we win out), and head to head wins against the Bills, Dolphins, and Chargers (again, this is assuming we win out).

Pretty much we need all of the current division leaders to win out, (ie patriots, colts, bengals) with the exception of maybe the chargers, I will explain why later. This leaves several teams fighting for 2 wild card spots.

AFC EAST
    Assuming we win out we dont have to worry about the dolphins, because a win against them would give them at best the the same record as us, but we would hold the tie breaker (head to head), and the bills already have 7 losses, so they are out. The Patriots will most likely win the division, so the only team we need to worry about from AFC east is the Jets, who have a head to head win over us, but already have 6 losses, so they need to lose just one more game this season, and they have some tough games remaining (Colts, Falcons, Bengals, panthers, etc).

AFC South
    I think we all know the Colts are a lock for the divsion this year:irked: So the 2 teams we are concerned about from the AFC south are of course the texans and Jags. Texans have 5 losses and are 1-3 in the divison. 2 losses or one loss in the division will give the Titans the edge, ie if they lose to the colts then we can route for them against the jags :wink2: . The jags are currently 6-4 and 2-2 in the div. So 3 losses, or a loss to the colts and texans will give the titans the edge over the jags.

AFC north
    Bengals are in the lead in the divison, and I think they will win, so we dont worry about them, and I dont think anyone is worried about the Browns making a playoff run :ha: . The Steelers and Ravens are the 2 to worry about from this div. Ravens need to lose 2 more games to assure us a spot over them (there may be some scenario where only 1 game will do, but Im not looking into it that much at this point in the season). The Steelers MUST lose 3 more games because they have a head to head win agiainst us. (I think the steelers probably get the first wild card unless big ben is out for longer than expected.)

AFC West
    KC and the Raiders are not making the playoffs, end of story. The 2 teams to worry about from this division are the Chargers (7-3) and Broncos(7-4). This is where it could be to our benefit for the div. leader to lose some games. we pretty much need the broncos to lose 3 more games, and I dont see that happening, but the chargers would also need to lose 3 games. Assuming we win out thats is at least 1 loss for them, then they need to only lose 2 more. I think that is more likely than the broncos losing 3.

I think it is very possible for the Titans to make the playoffs if we win out, but the hard part is going to be winning out. Right now we just need to focus on winning games and enjoying the rest of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Instead of the high-five button, I wish there was also a 'jimmy tap' button for posts like this. 10-0 is so irrelevant to us, no one cares. We are only praying teams fall so we can win and get in. Texans NEED to lose for us to keep hope alive.

7. jessestylex

Give it up we not going to run the table. I want the colts to lose today and CJ to get 2,000 yards this season. I'll worry about playoffs next season.

1 more loss by the Titans and all you guys wishing for playoffs will have no reason to watch the rest of the season unless. I'll have plenty of reasons to keep watching other than making the playoffs.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Will we run the table and make the playoffs? Probably not, but after starting out 0-6 I'm just happy that we are in a position to even think about it, nomatter how implausible it is. But just because I still want my team to try and beat impossible odds and make the playoffs doesnt mean that I will have any less of a reason to watch them if they lose a game. Somehow I found reason to watch them as they went 0-6 and got beat 59-0, and I will still have reasons to watch them if they lose another game.

9. jessestylex

maybe you will, but a lot of titan fans thinking playoffs are going to be really upset once we lose 1 more game. Once the playoff picture is 100% out of reach many fans wont care for the rest of the season. But there will be plenty of reasons to keep watching, CJ, the Rookie and seeing how VY develops. it's better off now to stop thinking playoffs.

10. jessestylex

yes, Texans score on 1st drive.

7-0 Texans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar