Steelers Pay Refs, Slip by Phins.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shughes

shughes Starter

This is just the norm for Pukesurgh

I mean, they get more bogus calls their way than anyone (although the Cowgirls get a lot of calls too). That's how they got to and were given credit for winning those last 2 Superbowls afterall.

2. Coov

Coov Starter

OK, so the ball is not placed where it is recovered, but where the fumble is lost? Has that EVER happened before?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Seems to me that the Ravens & Steelers get these wild calls in their favor, all the freaking time.

4. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

[​IMG]

Clearly Miami didn't recover it. /Sarcasm

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Obviously they didn't know who recovered it and there really wasn't proof Miami ended up with the ball. So all the refs could do was spot the ball where the fumble took place.

Not sure about the clock situation but there is a rule a fumble can't be advanced forward (holly roller play SD Raiders play).

6. shughes

shughes Starter

Touchback

Any time a player fumbles crossing the goal line I was under the impression it was an automatic touchback. In either case Dolphins get the ball on the 20.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Really funny how every other time there is a fumble and pile up the refs jump in, unpile the heap of bodies and look to see who has the ball. Many fumble recoveries are not obvious at first. Refs are supposed to assume fumble when the ball comes out even if it's in doubt. Since replay exists a non-fumble can be over turned but if they blow the play dead, fumble or not it cannot be challenged. Why was that not the case here I wonder? When they unpiled a Dolphin had the ball, that should be enough evidence period.

Once again the Steelers get the benefit of a call... I'm just so totally surprised, LOL.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That would be true of 31 teams but the Steelers play under a different set of rules. You are right but since they couldn't figure out who had the ball... which I've never seen happen before, technically it wasn't a fumble so the Steelers got the ball back.

9. Brookaveli

Brookaveli Camp Fodder

I think the most recent high-profile example people may remember is in DeSean Jackson's rookie season he caught a long TD pass and started his celebration early. It was called a TD on the field but upon review it was ruled that he spiked the ball on the 1. Since it was ruled a TD and the play was blown dead, the Eagles retained possession on the 1, which was the last spot the refs could determine they had possession.

Having grown up in Western PA around a bunch of semi-literate Stiller fans, I can understand rooting against them as much as anyone, but at this point of the season is it not a good thing that the Dolphins lost? I'd love to say that we are going to run away with the AFC South, but it is currently a 3-team race. The North is a 2-team race, with the Steelers playing the best football in the NFL. One team has to make it from the West. Our playoff odds drastically improve if the Pats and Dolphins fall off in the East.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As much as I hate the Ravens, they have gotten absolutely robbed the past two seasons with calls.

They've lost at least two or three games over the last year due to the refs being pansies and throwing flags on clean hits on the QB. The refs somehow expect players to change direction mid-dive and avoid hitting the QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar