Steeler's fans input..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I just returned from a trip up to Pittsburgh. Boy are they some cocky mothers. Everwhere you go its, "Welcome to Pittsburgh; home of the World Champion Steelers," and everyone gets rowdy.

Well anyways I talked with numerous fans about them losing Hope (Chris, that is, although I also think they've lost hope for a repeat), Randel El and the Bus. They talked as if the loss of Hope would be more hurtful then that of Randel El. I thought that was pretty strange; I know they'll miss Hope (certainly Polamalu will), but I thought that they'd really be hurting without Randel El.

Anyways, I just thought that was a little strange, but it was nice to hear that they were more worried about losing Hope then Randel El.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Randel El hasnt done that much.

3. theprizdfighter

He may not have done a lot statistically and honor wise, but he really was a big part of the team. Their offense is going to be tripping some without him.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they wont be able to do much in terms of gadget plays without him because of his versatility (running, catching, throwing)

He was nothing more then a #3 WR though.

5. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I think you're underestimating Randle El Gunny, he's a playmaker. He might not be as good as Hines Ward, no doubt about that really. But he is a good wr with great special abilities. He's a number two wr in my mind, due to his special team and gadget play contributions.
    He's a nasty punt returner...

6. BigRob

BigRob Guest

They are not worried about Randle-El, because he is a very average wide-receiver. Everyone loves to talk about the gadget plays they run, they ran three gadget plays with Randle-El all year. They happen to hit on all three of them. What people outside of P-burgh forget is they have run those same plays before Randle-El was drafted with much success. Ward is a former QB, and you can bet they will draft a versatile player in the same mold this year. Hope on the other hand covered deep very well for Polamalu, so that Troy can wreak havoc all over the field.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

As a WR El is only a 500-600 yard per year guy and he only caught one TD in the regular season. His passing contribution was 3-3, 67 yards and one TD in the regular season. He returned one KO for 16 yards. As a punt returner he did well with a 10 yard average and 2 TDs. Still, he accounted for only 4 TDs in the regular season.

IMO he is only a solid #3 WR who can return punts. The Steelers should be able to find a solid replacement without much trouble.

8. theprizdfighter

He was a very consistent WR for them. They will miss him this year, you'll see.

9. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

He caught 35 balls last year. 35 yds per game. Washington overpaid for a #3 receiver.

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I don't understand how a game played in one country, such as american football, can have a trophy which when won, makes you "World Champion". The same in baseball but thats worse because there's competitions in Japan, etc now.

The BUS was a big gadget guy too, so to lose both at the same time is hard. BigRob the question has been asked on ESPN to Mel Kiper and there's one guy who does it but he isn't that fast. There is though Michael Robinson and another QB who will eventually become WRs (or failing that, failures).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar