Steal of the Draft???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Jake Bequette I think should be on our radar for sure and I'm not sure I'd wait very long to pull the trigger on him. I'd actually be happy if the team pulled a surprise and took Glenn in the 1st, Thompson in the 2nd (everyone would be ticked off we didn't get a DE at that point) and then pulled the trigger on Bequette in the 3rd.

No way I see Munch wanting Vontaze Burfict anywhere near the team. The guy is a head case. He probably fits an ILB role in a 3-4 better anyway and isn't close to what we need. Ideally we keep McCarthy in the middle where I think he is best suited and find an athletic guy who can play WLB.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

wow Burficit was a 1st round talent on tape now he might not get drafted?

there's your steal right there...

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Ray Lewis is a head case, Ndamnakuh(or however you spell it) Suh is a headcase. IMO, the greatest defensive players of all time were a little nuts. I can't agree that I wouldn't risk a 4th round pick on the guy. You might be right about Munch not wanting him though.

I agree 100% with you on Bequette. He's a football player and has great character. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we took him in the 3rd. They love guys like him.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

On Burfict; some coaches pride themselves on running a tight ship and "acting like a pro and doing it." That's been Munch's motto. Munch might like the challenge of keeping someone like him in check.

With a 4th round pick, you're not giving up that much to take a chance on him. The reward far outweighs the risk. If he begins to be a distraction and a headcase you can cut him and all you're out is a 4th round pick. He could be the next Ray Lewis though. He's that good. I like it when my defensive players are a little crazy.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Burflict hype was based on potential not exactly game tape. His measurements and times have depleted that potential, add on top to questionable mentality in game and thus you have a plummeted stock.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If Munch was going to pride himself on being able to control a nut case like Burfict he certainly wouldn't use anything earlier than a 5th round pick on the guy. He is Pacman Jones with less talent and remember Fisher thought he could keep him under wraps (remember his personnal fouls). The bottom line is we really don't have a use for the guy (don't really have a position or need his type) and the guys this team has gone after in the last three drafts have mostly been high character football players who are smart and take their assignments seriously.

Like I said he fits much better in a 3-4 defense as an ILB and he is probably only a two down guy at that. I'd almost bet he will have his hat handed to him in the NFL because he isn't a disciplined player and will always be out of position. He might get an occasional highlight hit where he gets lucky and someone runs into him. I see him as the Lamont Thompson of LBs.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't see a problem using a 4th on him, after the 1st 3 rounds who knows what you'll get.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

janzen jackson or whatever you spell it is one and the other is chris rainey

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like Juron Criner, WR out of Arizona St. Posted a slow 40 time but he's a good player.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

lol. remember this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar